Map, Dome, and Trunk bulb question

ImElvis

Sup yo'
so I tried searching the forum, and honestly didn't find anyone talking about it at all. i want to replace my map, and trunk light bulbs with some kind of xenon/LED bulb to make things brighter and my dome light to red.

so the map and dome bulb is DE3022, do I just go out and look for another bulb with that exact same size or does it change cause I'm looking for LED/Xenon? anyone know good websites? i'm looking at superbrightleds.com right now. they only have like 4 3022's and i can't seem to find any Xenon bulbs, it only comes up with Xenon headlights.

rockadilla

thats right.
I don't think u can get HIDs for the dome lights, u can get LEDs, and yes I believe they would be the same size bulb

I<3myb18b1

go to http://www.v-leds.com/ and get the size bulb u need they even come wit adapters for trunk, dome, and map, lil expensive but i bought mine from here that somes wit 48 leds and TRUST ME IF U GET THE DOME LIGHT U WILL NOT NEED THE MAP LITE. they are brite as shyt

ImElvis

Sup yo'
I don't think u can get HIDs for the dome lights, u can get LEDs, and yes I believe they would be the same size bulb
lmao how awesome would that be.. thanks for not being an ass hat with that HID reply :thumbs up

go to http://www.v-leds.com/ and get the size bulb u need they even come wit adapters for trunk, dome, and map, lil expensive but i bought mine from here that somes wit 48 leds and TRUST ME IF U GET THE DOME LIGHT U WILL NOT NEED THE MAP LITE. they are brite as shyt
Awesome.. just awesome. Really looking forward to super bright lights.
Well, I'll just make the map light super bright white, along with the trunk cause those are crucial for vision, and the dome colored just for looks.

I need your opinion on something.. so I like the color green and most of the stuff in my car is green, but my car is red. So when I unlock my car the dome light would light up, should I make the dome light green along with the interior or red along with the exterior paint job?

ImElvis

Sup yo'
Oh and did you have any fitting problems? A lot of reviews said it's a little bit too big. Which did you get? I want the 5K M-SMT 16 LED:yummy: for my Map and Trunklight, and a Red M-SMT 16 LED for my Dome. But if you have problems I think I'll just go with a 9 LED or 4 LED :(.

Last edited:

mirrorimg

They are a little larger than normal bulbs. Its no big deal though, just bend the contact away a little and it'll work.

I like these, they're definitely bright. I have this in my dome light, and made custom lights for my license plate with these.

superbrightleds.com

And I also have these in my map lights

superbrightleds.com

Last edited:

I<3myb18b1

Oh and did you have any fitting problems? A lot of reviews said it's a little bit too big. Which did you get? I want the 5K M-SMT 16 LED:yummy: for my Map and Trunklight, and a Red M-SMT 16 LED for my Dome. But if you have problems I think I'll just go with a 9 LED or 4 LED :(.
not really cuz it comes with the adapter dat fits in but u mite have to bend contact. i didnt have to but ones i got were brite and dey were 5k

ImElvis

Sup yo'
They are a little larger than normal bulbs. Its no big deal though, just bend the contact away a little and it'll work.

I like these, they're definitely bright. I have this in my dome light, and made custom lights for my license plate with these.

superbrightleds.com

And I also have these in my map lights

superbrightleds.com
hmm.. I should do my license plate too.

not really cuz it comes with the adapter dat fits in but u mite have to bend contact. i didnt have to but ones i got were brite and dey were 5k
oh right.. for the adapter, do i have to remove stuff and such? or is it just plug n' play.

by contact you guys mean the little board thing that the LED's are attached to?

I<3myb18b1

hmm.. I should do my license plate too.

oh right.. for the adapter, do i have to remove stuff and such? or is it just plug n' play.

by contact you guys mean the little board thing that the LED's are attached to?

contact means wat oem bulb was touching on each side for current to light bulb up and no its plug and play the led plugs into the adapter to hooks on directly to the contact. all u have to remove is the plastic cover to replace the bulb.

ImElvis

Sup yo'
contact means wat oem bulb was touching on each side for current to light bulb up and no its plug and play the led plugs into the adapter to hooks on directly to the contact. all u have to remove is the plastic cover to replace the bulb.
oh okay that's chill. thanks for the help!