mass air flow sensor relocate

JJ_93

OrangeIntegra
So iv herd that moving the air flow sensor from on top of the intake maniflod to the intake tube near the filter tells the computer that cooler air is coming to the motor therefore creating more power. This seems really simple to do but is it worth it? it makes sense but im just not sure

JJ_93

OrangeIntegra
sorry for the title mispell it was meant to say flow* which im sure you already know

Beat92240

First off, Integras run MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensors, not MAF's. If you were to want to do it, you would have to buy a block off plate for where the MAP sensor is now, or possibly thread it and just screw a bolt into it. Realistically, I would be increadibly incredibly blown away if this could in any way create more than 1 whp. And I can't imagine it actually being better for the car realistically. Tricking it into thinking its running colder, denser air than it really is, causing it to dump more fuel, possibly creating knock if yours has a knock sensor...

This would also probalby screw with your fast idle valve. The car would likely never settle to a regular idle again in winter. The purpose of it is to try to warm up the air coming into the intake to get it to run better. If the MAP is on the other side of the TB it would never think the IACV is doing its job.

I just don't see a point to wasting your time on it to have your car possibly maybe in some way gain a single bit of extra power. I feel taking out your spare tire or back seats would have the same if not more of an effect if you're really looking at something quick and easy to make your car slightly faster....

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
Turbo guys relocate the map sensor to get more accurate psi readings on their data logs. That's just about the only reason to move it.