master and slave cylinder question!

bbteggy96

Looking to buy master and slave cylinder. I know OEM is much better, but I am on a budget.

Have any of you guys bought a master and slave cylinder at Pep Boys or O'Reilly's (Kragen)?

I'm trying to decide where to buy them. O'Reilly wants $37.99 while Pep Boys wants $24.99 for their master cylinder... for the slave cylinder, prices are pretty similar. Both places offer lifetime limited warranty.

I guess my question is, which one would you guys go with??

guscivic

dude, these are yout brakes we are talking about. you can cheap out on everything else but this. put on a ebay intake, an ebay exhaust, an ebay cam...but dont put on a cheap master cylinder on your car.
save money and buy the oem one.....if you want to save some money just go tot an acura dealer and tell them you are a tech at another dealer...most of the time they WILL sell you parts at cost.

bbteggy96

Last edited:

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Just to let you know, I got both used clutch slave and master cylinder for sale and they are both OEM. I can ship them to you for $35. Came off a 97 integra. LMK if you wanna go that route instead!

lhd dc2

Taffeta White
Thanks! By any chance, have you used the master and slave cylinder from Pep Boys before?
Yes, plenty. Held up just fine. If somehow your unlucky and end up getting a defected one, or if it happens to go bad within your warranty. You can just trade for a new one. Beats buying a used one with no warranty, or having the chance of it going bad again and coming out of pocket again.

Good luck