Matt's Project DC4

Nick_C78

Looks good man. I would say that we removed more than 75% of the deadening, but yeah. We will finish it next time. Nice new goodies.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Looks good man. I would say that we removed more than 75% of the deadening, but yeah. We will finish it next time. Nice new goodies.
Alright... 80% it is! I really appreciate you coming out to lend a hand my dude. Hopefully you don't have to go to work next time. Thanks! :thumbs up

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
:thumbs up i just picked up some 3m adhesive remover in a white can. it may work a bit better to clean up stubborn residue that goo gone cant take off. Im going to try it tonight to get the stubborn ass stuff off.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
:thumbs up i just picked up some 3m adhesive remover in a white can. it may work a bit better to clean up stubborn residue that goo gone cant take off. Im going to try it tonight to get the stubborn ass stuff off.
Thanks broski! I'll keep that in mind just in case the Goo Gone doesn't work.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Thanks broski! I'll keep that in mind just in case the Goo Gone doesn't work.

i didnt use goo gone, but Nick suggested Goof Off. its really scary how well it works. The 3M stuff is super expensive...but its weird, its tough enough to take stuff off of your car like silicone, but gentle enough to remove over spray from your door panels.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
i didnt use goo gone, but Nick suggested Goof Off. its really scary how well it works. The 3M stuff is super expensive...but its weird, its tough enough to take stuff off of your car like silicone, but gentle enough to remove over spray from your door panels.
I thought you said you used Goo Gone. Same s*** as Goof Off right?

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
um...different. did you buy goo gone? i really hope not. If you did ill reimburse you for that brain fart. Goo Gone isnt as strong as goof off. Goof Off is industrial strength.

Nick_C78

You can get it at Home Depot and I don't recommend getting the aerosol can. Get the squirt bottle, you get more for your money.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
You can get it at Home Depot and I don't recommend getting the aerosol can. Get the squirt bottle, you get more for your money.
Ahh i didnt know it came in a squirt bottle, the hardware store only had the tin can or the aerosol can. 2 cans was enough to do the entire car and the behind the dash fuzz

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
i bought it at a hardware store. I suggest doing it with a fan to blow out the fumes. And a wet paper towel will clean up the brown stains it leaves behind.
Ahh i didnt know it came in a squirt bottle, the hardware store only had the tin can or the aerosol can. 2 cans was enough to do the entire car and the behind the dash fuzz
Looks like I'll be going to Home Depot soon. And squirt, not spray. Got it. :thumbs up