Max hp unsleeved B18C1 block can handle?

mjones73

I've done some searching and couldn't come up with a solid answer. I'm pricing out what it would cost to build and turbo my GSR and I can't find a solid figure of what my block itself can handle before sleeving is required. I'd be planning to build up the bottom end and drop the compression in the motor.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
there is no set in stone number, it varies from motor to motor, but greatly depends on your tune and setup.
i wouldn't go over 400 on a non sleeved gsr with a low-comp/boost setup.

mjones73

Thanks, just trying to get an idea of what it's gonna cost me to do the motor and add the turbo parts, under 400 is more then enough hp for me.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Ive done a bit of research into this and found that mid 350's pushes it. Anything around this and more requires a really good tuner from what i've read. One question I haven't found the answer too is how much HP the Transmission can handle. -Aaron

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
This is the best forum to ask this question!!. Im sure you'll get the number your looking for, ill take a wild guess and say its between 100-300hp. Don't ask me though, I apparently have no clue about anything turbo or Honda related bwahahahaha. I mean D series motors which supposedly have weaker sleeves are making over 400whp on stockers, didn't bisi just make 700 on stock sleeves. Wait I know were talking B series, they are apparently weaker then B's lmfao gotta love people

BTW Prostate you still owe me a damn smoothie

Last edited:

rockadilla

thats right.
I've done some searching and couldn't come up with a solid answer. I'm pricing out what it would cost to build and turbo my GSR and I can't find a solid figure of what my block itself can handle before sleeving is required. I'd be planning to build up the bottom end and drop the compression in the motor.
IMO 300 would be the max i would take any integra with stock internals, not matter what trim/engine it has. the gsr can probably handle more then an nonvtec with stock internals but i still wouldnt trust it to hold out very long with more then 300whp even with a good tune.

mjones73

I would plan to upgrade the internals, I'm trying to figure out what the block itself can handle when properly built up. I'd assume when upgrading the bottom end, the block itself would be the weak link.

turboda4dr

450whp
i have a built bottom b18c1 with block guard making 500+ at 18psi. it was making 400 before the block guard last year at 14psi. the guard was done this summer with new internals,i havent really drive alot this summer nor did i push it really hard. but i did drove much as possible and push the car. IMO with good built bottom and good tune you can push some pretty big #'s even with out sleeves. but sleeves is deft a great idea, i for sure will sleeve my next block. what i said is the experience with my own car and my opinion,may not apply to everybody or other cars. hope this helps and G/L with you build :)

hidenplanvew

I have seen 500whp on stock C1 sleeves... D16's can take 500 DD on stock sleeves (I have one) its lasted about a year so far (I would call it DD and Have a Prelude too that I drive so its really a sunny day DD HAHAHA)... Its kind of hit or miss on stock sleeves Seen them hold over 500 but also crack at 250 so take a chance, if they crack just get LA sleeves for $800 installed and you will be good for 40+ psi. (LA makes Darton or GE sleeves or some companys, I cant remember)