Maximum Chassis mileage

XxCaryxX

I hate to make another post due to lack of info, but nothing in my google, CI, or T-I searches came up with good, solid info. Now, onto my question. My question is, How much/many mileage can the DC4 chassis handle? I ask this question because I am unable to grow some balls and sell my car. I am too attached to it, but it has 192K miles on it now. As far as the chassis itself goes, it seems to be great shape with no rust anywhere that I can see, and all it has is the typical G3 squeaks and rattles. Swapping in a fresh B18B is no problem down the road and neither is doing the body work, suspension, brakes,and rebuild the auto (Hate it all you want I like my auto :D). So, to add a question within a question, sell it and buy another DC or keep it and do the work? Also, this won't be my DD much longer as I am looking into a DC5 by the middle of the summer. Thanks for all the help, feedback, and opinions guys.

TheSylntChamber

Mileage has nothing to do with it. It depends on what kind of conditions and damage the car receives. If you have a good solid car that you know is reliable it would be a bad idea to sell it to get another that you have no idea the overall condition of.

Keep it treated well and the car will last as long as you want. I have seen Honda chassis with well over 300k on the odometer and still on the road. Seeing as how you are in the south rust isn't a big issue so other than maintenance you should be golden.

XxCaryxX

Mileage has nothing to do with it. It depends on what kind of conditions and damage the car receives. If you have a good solid car that you know is reliable it would be a bad idea to sell it to get another that you have no idea the overall condition of.

Keep it treated well and the car will last as long as you want. I have seen Honda chassis with well over 300k on the odometer and still on the road. Seeing as how you are in the south rust isn't a big issue so other than maintenance you should be golden.
Thank you bro, that was kinda where my mind was at because there are a few Honda Civics around here with over 300K miles. As far as the rust goes, there is none now, but I am moving to Iowa lol.