Maximum nitrous shot for B18A?

JDMB18civic

from what i've heard, you take the horse power divide it by two ant theats the maximum shot you should go, like 100hp motor, the max is a 50 shot, but i'm not positive

speedin

The Transporter
75 (id recommend wet shot only though). their are other precautions u MUST take also to run a 75. take it from me i ran the gas on my ls auto.
1. Aftermarket ignition, wires, cap, rotor, and coil. MSD is the most popular brand. If you are on a budget then the MSD 6AL will work fine but if you have some extra cash to spend then the MSD Digital 6 is very nice to have. The great thing about the Digital 6 ignition is that it will automatically retard your timing when you activate the nitrous system and it has a dual stage rev limiter all built in! **Unless you are planning on getting a Jacobs Nitrous Mastermind, then the Digital 6 is my recommended ignition.**

2. Colder spark plugs. NGK bkr7e usually work fine. Make sure to always use copper plugs and avoid platinum and make double sure to gap them correctly.

3. Fuel pressure regulator. B&M is an excellent brand to get.

4. Timing change. The rule of thumb is 2 degrees for every 50 shot of nitrous. This is always under debate but to be absolutely safe use the rule of thumb.

5. A performance clutch because the stock clutch will probably not last long.

• 60 shot or less
“The basics” should be just fine. As noted above there is a constant debate over what exactly is needed. Some people will run a 50 shot with stock everything and be just fine while others will buy some extra parts to be safe. The bottom line is use your best judgment here.

• 60-70 shot
“The basics” and make absolutely sure to adjust your timing by one or two degrees.

• 75 shot
“The basics” and make sure to have you timing kicked back at least 3 degrees. This is also the maximum shot you want to use with a dry kit so unless you just want to blow your motor keep it here for all you dry kit guys. At this level you are probably most likely to see lean conditions and detonation therefore it might be a good idea to pick up an Apexi or Fields vtec/fuel computer so that you can control your fuel flow a little more.

• 75-100 shot
At this level you have officially entered wet kit territory so “The basics” and a 255 lph fuel pump are required. Some other goodies that you might want to seriously consider would be a Jacobs Nitrous Mastermind, an Apexi or Fields vtec controller, performance brakes, and motor mount inserts. Also since at this point you are spraying quite a bit of nitrous into the engine, building up the bottom end is an excellent idea. Some things to consider here would be forged pistons, rods, and crankshaft, and a port and polished head.
by:ski_rebel_3

DA_styLez916

NorCal Tuner
my friend had a zex kit.. dry shot..... i swear thats tha best kinda system for a honda or acura..... he was runnin a 75 shot for almost 2years... he used it so much but yea he ended up blowin his motor when he put a turbo kit on his whip..... but yea look into tha zex kit... even tho tha kit is all purple its a fuckin great product

MoJoJoJo

Banned
with a dry shot u have to have a good emu cuz the amount of nitrous ur injecting, u have to add more fuel, its best to run a wet kit unless u have bigger injectors but with bigger injectors u have to have a good emu(engine management unit). i ran a 75 shot just fine, but i have heard bout the amount where u can only run half the amount of HP ur car has aswell, not sure if its true though, i;ve seen ppl run 100shot wet just fine

teg671

i think i would be more safe with a wet kit.....i love nitrous but this is my 1st teg.....so i dont know much

MoJoJoJo

Banned
start off low say a 35 shot...then move up to a 50 shot, i'm pretty sure u can handle a 75 shot, just aslong as u kno how to take care of ur motor and when ur spraying, neva spray in 1st...use a window switch(cuts off before redline) to prevent spraying near or on redline, and spray only after 4500rpm

speedin

The Transporter
DA_styLez916 said:
my friend had a zex kit.. dry shot..... i swear thats tha best kinda system for a honda or acura..... he was runnin a 75 shot for almost 2years... he used it so much but yea he ended up blowin his motor when he put a turbo kit on his whip..... but yea look into tha zex kit... even tho tha kit is all purple its a fuckin great product
yes i agree! i have the zex wet kit. imo it is the BEST kit. also the zex brain includes the WOT switch witch is a must imo. and i like the purple color lol