Megan header fiasco!! Please read!

DA6righthand

Registered Badass
This is a long and drawn out problem I’ve had with a 4-1 Megan header. I’ll try to make it as brief as possible (cliff notes at bottom). I bought this header from StreetRays,com in April of ‘08. Here we go...

I contacted Street Rays a few weeks later when I had found out how bad the fitment was. Street Rays told me to contact Megan so I could either get a replacement or a refund. So I called up Megan. I told them how bad the fitment was and they asked what header I had (4-1 Header w/ 2.5“ collector for a 94-99 GSR) and what car I was trying to put the header on (94 LS Integra). Yes I should’ve just told them I had a GSR…hindsight is 20/20. The d-bags told me that it wasn’t fitting because I was putting the header on a car it wasn’t meant for. I said I knew that it was the right car but I was smart enough to know that B-series fits B-series. They guy said the header was meant for a JDM motor and not a USDM motor. He eventually said that he had the header on several JDM swaps (B18C1, C5, and a B20). I told him there is NO difference between my B18B and a B20 besides the bore and the was not reason it shouldn‘t bolt up. He said I didn’t know what I was talking about and to email him pics of the header on my car. So, I did and these are what I sent Megan:

the craptacular bracket on the Megan header doesn't line up with part 11/12

Those pics have the header firmly bolted to the head. Notice the bracket and flange aren’t even close to lining up! The other pics show how craptastic Megan headers really are…

After waiting a week for a reply email I called Street Gays back and told them about Megan. The owner said he would contact Megan and call me back when he got a hold of them. About a week and a half later I called Street Gays back because I hadn’t got a call back yet. I was told the owner wasn’t in and that I should call back at the beginning of the next week. I did. The owner wasn’t in and I was told he would be later that day. I call back and he supposedly just left and to call back in a few days. I knew they were trying to give me the run around so I kept calling trying to be a pain in the ass so I might get somewhere. After a few more weeks I finally got to talk to the manager. He said that he would give me a full refund and reimburse the shipping costs. Shipping was $67 through UPS.

I waited 2 weeks to call Street Rays. AGAIN I had trouble getting a hold of the owner. After a week or so of calling and getting the cold shoulder I talked to the owner. He said he had received the header and that he wont be able to refund me anything. I said WTF, you told me you would refund me for the header and reimburse the shipping costs. He said no one told me that and the best he could do is ship me the header back and let me purchase 2 items at cost. I was curious about how much that would actually save me. I found out I would have to spend around $1000 to save around $250. I had him ship the header back with no intention of spending money at Street Gays.

By now it was December. I thought I was out of luck, until I saw something on my local news. The news said that if a business refuses to refund your purchase you can file a dispute with your credit card company and they will take the item and refund you your money. That is kinda where I’m at right now. I think I’m screwed though because it’s been so long since the purchase but I’m trying to do everything possible to get some money back. My card is a credit/debit card. I’ve called the bank and they told me they might not be able to help because it’s been so long since my purchase. I’m getting a dispute forum and I’ll update whenever I hear something new.

***Cliff Notes***
Bought a P.O.S. Megan header, seller refused refund, Megan called me a retard, seller said he’d refund me and reimburse shipping, seller then refused refund and reimbursement after receiving header, now I’m screwed out of roughly $267 and stuck with a useless hunk of stainless steel.

LESSON LEARNED: Don’t buy ANY knock off parts, especially Megan parts. Money spent on name brand parts isn’t paying for the name, but for the quality.

Last edited:

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
sucks that you had to learn that lesson. I gave up on cheaper parts after skunk 2 couldn't fix my brand new throttle body from sticking, I sent it back 3 times.

DA6righthand

Registered Badass
sucks to hear, but if you go here http://www.meganracing.com/products/product_page.asp?catid=3, they show that they dont have a 4-1 for ls only 4-2-1.
sell it on ebay or craigslist and get what ever you can.
regardless it should still fit. i've seen this header (3-4 years ago) and it fit on an LS motor. StreetRays quit carrying Megan parts because they had several of the same headers i have that he had disputes with. people were wanting refunds because they either didn't fit right or broke apart.

acurals209

SYNDICATE 4 EVR
damm dude they sold you the wrong header i belive because i deal with them well i used to when i ordered parts for our shop here plus i always recomemded to my customers dc or injen

nicoalex2

regardless it should still fit. i've seen this header (3-4 years ago) and it fit on an LS motor. StreetRays quit carrying Megan parts because they had several of the same headers i have that he had disputes with. people were wanting refunds because they either didn't fit right or broke apart.
oh, i didnt know that could fit. i was told the bolts wouldnt match up.
good to know, thanks

DA6righthand

Registered Badass
damm dude they sold you the wrong header i belive because i deal with them well i used to when i ordered parts for our shop here plus i always recomemded to my customers dc or injen
it's not the wrong header, it's the most poorly made header around.

esco115

Fawk a Title!
ok dude fuck thats alot of reading! ok 1. u caused urself a headache really 2. that bracket that holds the header by the oil pan isnt even that important lol I can name thousands of times I've unbolted/cut that bracket off. 3. you couldve just went down to a muffler shop and had them redo ur flange or adjust ur cat accordingly... regardless its cheap header cant ask for much really

Last edited:

DA6righthand

Registered Badass
ok dude fuck thats alot of reading! ok 1. u caused urself a headache really 2. that bracket that holds the header by the oil pan isnt even that important lol I can name thousands of times I've unbolted/cut that bracket off. 3. you couldve just went down to a muffler shop and had them redo ur flange or adjust ur cat accordingly... regardless its cheap header cant ask for much really
1. i know
2. if you don't use that bracket it causes more stress where the header bolts to the head, that's why others have had problems with them breaking off
3. it's not worth spending the money on. i'd rather sell it for cheap than put it on my car.

you sure cuz i remember selling 4-2-1 from them not 4-1
99%. Megan Racing sells a 4-1 1 piece header

patrick4588

Integra God
i have never used that bracket underneath. im not sure how it would cause more stress on the manifold studs as long as your motor mounts are in good shape. seriously just go to an exhaust shop and have them fit the flange to your exhaust, it should only be like 20 bucks.