Miami Tops List for Rude Drivers

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
By BETH RUCKER, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 7 minutes ago

Stressed Miami drivers speed, tailgate and cut off other drivers so frequently that the city earned the title of worst road rage in a survey released Tuesday.

AutoVantage, an automobile membership club offering travel services and roadside assistance, also listed Phoenix, New York, Los Angeles and Boston among the top five cities for rude driving.

Minneapolis, Nashville, St. Louis, Seattle and Atlanta were rated as the cities with the most courteous drivers, who were less likely to change lanes without signaling or swear at other motorists.

More than 2,000 adult drivers who regularly commute in 20 major metropolitan areas were asked to rate road rage and rude driving in telephone surveys between January and March. The survey conducted by Prince Market Research has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.2 percentage points.

Drivers owned up to some rude behavior themselves: Nearly all said they had talked on a cell phone while driving, and 64 percent acknowledged they occassionally drive too fast.

Young drivers and people with long commutes were found to be the most likely to react to an aggressive or rude driver. The top reactions included honking the horn, cursing or making an obscene gesture.

No distinct differences were found between male and female drivers.

"Human behavior is so involved with crashes at all levels," said Elly Martin, a spokeswoman for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. "(Aggressive driving) is a pattern of behavior drivers exhibit over and over."

AutoVantage, based in Norwalk, Conn., hopes to use the survey to educate people about how to resist road rage. Among its tips are remaining calm and not making eye contact with an angry driver.
i thought new york would be at the top, but apparently miami is worst.

G3GirL

adoboracer said:
ya, i do that stuff occassionally. surprising that its miami tho.
i use to honk at fuckers who pop up out of nowhere or cut me off and stuff, but i figured it distracted other drivers and it probably isn't really safe to be honking on the road unless it's an emergency or whatever anyway.

i still occasionally flip people off and cuss at them, but my theory is that if they are looking at me in the first place to see me flipping them off, they must have done something wrong lol.. other then that, i'm a really polite driver... :D

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
G3GirL said:
i use to honk at fuckers who pop up out of nowhere or cut me off and stuff, but i figured it distracted other drivers and it probably isn't really safe to be honking on the road unless it's an emergency or whatever anyway.

i still occasionally flip people off and cuss at them, but my theory is that if they are looking at me in the first place to see me flipping them off, they must have done something wrong lol.. other then that, i'm a really polite driver... :D
Thas why I want an F350 xtended cab dually, that shit stops quick, wanna fuck around how bout I ram your stupid ass

G3GirL

cabezzzdb8 said:
Thas why I want an F350 xtended cab dually, that shit stops quick, wanna fuck around how bout I ram your stupid ass
lol i'd hate to drive by you when you're mad

LStegg

1 bad LS
Never been 2 Miami but they cant drive in Orlando either. Its like fuckin' bumper cars there. My wifey's X-Terra was hit in the parking lot of the resort we were staying at. It buffed out but damn if u hit a parked car u should have 2 ride a bike. :angryfire :wak:

Echo419

I can't believe ATL got 1 of the Best(ie nicest) place to drive! who ever did this servay was out their damn mind. or I would be scared as hell to drive in Miami

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I can believe Miami was #1. I've been down there a couple times and holy shit, I'll take a cab next time.

adoboracer

G3GirL said:

ya, i usually dont honk. dont really kno why, i feel like if i do and piss off the guy in front of me, they'll try to crash into me on purpose. but other than that, i do get mad is someone cuts me off or drives HELLA slow, so i just speed up until i cool down.

TekBuDDy

lol nahh, i still believe ny is still on top, i went down to miami last last weekend, people has some NICE ass cars, people in ny got whoopties.

adoboracer

TekBuDDy said:
lol nahh, i still believe ny is still on top, i went down to miami last last weekend, people has some NICE ass cars, people in ny got whoopties.
are u comparing the cars? :what: cus the article was about how they drove

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
i have road rage i tend to flick off cusse at and all around mess with ppl who mess with me hell just last night i did 5mph by the courthouse in my town cause the person behind me kept hitting their flashers at the light, they got mad when they tried to go around and i would just speed up and slow back down lol

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
cabezzzdb8 said:
Thats funny cause I pushed some assholes in a tahoe into the middle of an intersection at a red light one time in my bimmer cause they kept cutting me off. It was a bunch of drunk ass bitches. But once there car was in the middle of the intersection into oncoming traffic they cut that shit out. They all got out and ran to safety, and I took off and went home, with no consequences :D

Asleep

I probably am
i can be an asshole when i drive. i'll honk, swear, and flick off people, not to mention tailgating. however, i only do that when i almost get into accidents due to other people's terrible driving or when they don't use turn signals for turn and lane changes. and damn, austin texas better be near the top worst on that list cuz i was in a taxi and was still worried. the only time i was there, it was also raining and it was a friday night on the freeway. goddamn.