might be an srt4 owner soon :D

Todd

token ex-mod
welp, my father knows the owners of a few local dodge dealerships.... and he's decided to help me get into an srt4 :mrgreen:

so early next week i'm going to test drive, and possibly custom order my brand new 05 srt4.
best part is that i'll be getting it for Dealers Invoice, which means i pay what they paid for the car... wich should be in the range of ~$18k WITH the mopar stage 1 upgrade included.... i'm for sure going black with black interior though, i know that much for sure.
i'm trying to not get super excited.... but it's hard!

and since i might be buyin the srt4, that means the gsRizzle has to go. and since i'm ordering the car i'll have a few months to sell the Rizzle first.
first mod will probably be an indash screen.... gotta have some ice :thumbs up

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
how the hell are you going to not get excited?!?! i know a guy that would kill for that car! (hes a neon fanatic)
but thats awesome!

Todd

token ex-mod
i'm incredibly excited, but i dont own it YET.... so i'm keepin myself in check :thumbs up

Rand0m

you bastard....2 car dealerships AND an srt4? you just dont know when to quit, do you?!?!?! ;) :lol:

im only hostile because im jealous :thumbs up

Baldy201

Why not turbo your GSR? Granted everyone seems to like the SRT4 but it still has the quality of a dodge, which is not too good. But good luck with the car Todd. I guess that we will have to get a new mod since our ONLY mod will not own an integra any more. haha. jk

Todd

token ex-mod
i've done an incredible amount of research on the srt4, they are VERY reliable cars and their motors are nearly bulletproof.
all mopar factory upgrades are covered under factory warranty. they have 3 stages of upgrade kits
the stage 3 upgrade will put the srt4 into the 11's... again... completely under factory warranty
the stage 3 upgrade costs $3k if i remember correctly.
here's the jist of stage 2 and 3 from sport compact car magazine
pop-n-fresh said:
"the stage 2 kit for the srt4 uses the stock turbo, but will take it to its absolute limit. the kit will use even bigger injectors (%30 bigger than the stock 03's and %20 bigger than the stock 04's) and 3-bar MSP and TIP sensors that allow the new ecu to push as high as 20psi. Now here are the really cool parts, in increasing the order of collness: First the boost dial, a five-position dial that lets you run full boost all the time, different boost for different gears, or all the way down to 6psi for low-grip conditions. Next to that is the intercooler spray switch. the sprayer uses a high-pressure pump (45psi) and Aquamist nozzles to spray a fine fog of cooling water of the intercooler. The sprayer can be controlled by the ecu based on speed, throttle position, ambient temperature and intercooler temperature, and the spray pattern and spray schedule was actually perfected in the wind tunnel to get the most cooling from the least water. coolest of all: a race gas switch. push the button and the ecu swithces to maps tuned for 100-octane unleaded. and if you're a dumbass and you run the 100-octane map on street gas? THe knock sensor sees it, turns on a little, red dumbass light, and switches back to the street map.
Then there's the big one: stage3. the big important part of stage 3, of course, is the turbo. since the turbo, wastegate, exhaust manifold and downpipe are all one casting, stage 3 gets to upgrade all of them. the turbo itself is a mitsubishi 15g-k2, the same turbo that came stock in the lancer evo VI, but without the evo's divided exhaust housing. the evo VI, for the record, had the biggest turbo of any stock EVO. the turbo still uses conventional sleeve bearings, but has an exotic, lightweight titanium aluminide turbine wheel for quicker spool up. the downpipe casting is much larger, and the area around the wastegate has been opened up for less disruptive merging of the two exhaust flows. so, still embarrassed to be seen driving a neon? "

Todd

token ex-mod
did i mention high 13 second 1/4's STOCK?
and i've driven a few srt4's before..... i absolutely LOVE them.... the interior kicks ass, it's incredibly fast, incredibly cheap, and one of the best warranties in existance

Last edited:

Baldy201

I would wait and get this bad boy.

That is the new Civic SI concept. According to honda it is 90% of what the new Civic SI looks like.
It will have 200hp I-Vtec and a 6 speed manual.
The official Civic SI will be released at the SEMA show this year.

Todd

token ex-mod
i've seen it, the srt4 is still MUCH MUCH faster and i can mod it without voiding the warranty.

honda likes to completely void warranties for as little as an aftermarket intake.....

plus those civics are supposed to cost ~$26,000+
i'm getting the srt4 for $18.000... i'm payin $8k less for a car that's faster with a better warranty and better interior. the srt4 is by far the best deal on the market for a sport compact

and that non cf, black painted hood on the new civic looks ugly imo... i hope they dont release it like that

Last edited:

KaosTheory

DSMER
ive got a buddy whos got an 04 srt-4 and all he's done iis upgraded the turbo, bigger intercoller, spraying a 175-shot, and a boost controller, and with out the spray he's laying down 425 to the fucking wheels!
Makes my GS-R look like a piece of shit!!!!!!!!!

slikk

Money Getter
Baldy201 said:
That is the new Civic SI concept. According to honda it is 90% of what the new Civic SI looks like.
It will have 200hp I-Vtec and a 6 speed manual.
The official Civic SI will be released at the SEMA show this year.

ooohhhh that car is looks s~w~e~e~t.

Todd

token ex-mod
i gotta feeling the new civic will be slow, overweight, and overpriced :mrgreen: