Might be joing the club...97 integra ls

ksmith122

Hope this is the correct section to post this in becuase if i do purchase it (hopefully this friday), I will be post pics pics and more pics haha. Also i posted this on another site but never got a reply. seemed kinda dead over there so I wanted some input from the guys on this forum.

So I've been a chevy guy since I've had my license, but my poor blaZeR2 was just recently totalled. my truck had a lien so the person at fault's insurance covered that and I've got a bout $2000 to work with. I have found an integra with pretty low miles but it's got the hood and trunk clear coat coming off pretty damn bad. Not a big deal to me cause that's just cosmetics. I've looked at reviews for these and they appear very good and the 5 speed and the 31mpg is a big plus for me. I do have a few worries though.

The first and main is...Will I fit in it? I'm 6'3 300. I've been in ecplise and honda coupes and they felt a little cramped but not too bad for me. Anyone near my stature drive one? The next main concern is, how would these do in winter? could I get by with getting some snow tires or would I need a 4x4 beater for the winter? Those are my main concerns and since I don't know much about these cars, any other input or things to look for with these cars would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

R13

The other asshole
I'm 6'4" I fit no problem, the question is how good is your reach, I let a friend who's 6'2" drive my car and he doesn't like how far forward the shifter is, I on the other hand reach just fine.

Last edited:

ksmith122

Ok, I'm thinking I'll be able to manage even if I'm a little cramped. I guess I'll be able to tell Friday. I'd hate to drive 3 hrs away and not fit though haha.

R13

The other asshole
I'm sure you fit, It really boils down to personal preference such as like I mentioned before, shifter placement, stuff like that.

R13

The other asshole
A shit load but I'm too tired to right it all up tonight, lol, I hope no one takes that offensively

I'll check back with this thread tomorrow and try and do a good write up for stuff to look out for. ;)

ksmith122

Right on man. Totally understandable and greatly appreciated if you get some time to add a little more insight tomorrow.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Shouldn't have too much if a hard time fitting in, I've seen bigger people fit in smaller cars :lol:

They handle adverse weather like champs, even lowered 3 inches my car had NO issues handling Colorado winters

R13

The other asshole
Here you go, This is probably more useful then what I would've written up.

This is from an older thread.

Jznsn2u said:
I wrote this for some other person that asked a question similar to yours, here you go-
dude let me give you some tips on what you should be focused on. i'll take time to write somethings i've learned while buying cars.

1. Don't look at just the price. You need to look at the car as a whole, not by how much it costs.
2. Is it a Clean Title / Salvaged. if you might think you would resell the car you purchase in the future, try to aim for a clean title. salvaged usually means the car has been stolen, in an accident, vandalized etc hence harder to sell. KBB the value of the car.
3. What is the Mileage? it's a honda it will easily last well over 200k if you DON'T ABUSE IT. I personally would not buy an integra over 150k miles. that's just me.
4. Body condition - does it have rust? dents are inevitable. rust is a major problem.
5. Interior condition? - the infamous crack in the dash board isn't to big of a problem, check the seat - wear and tear, carpet, center console, power window condition, radio/ speakers - are they blown?
6. Performance Now this is a very important. don't think just because it has a super clean valve cover doesn't mean its legit. 8urcivic is a great valve cover painter anyone can buy one from him.
A.The best way to check the life of your engine is a compression test on all of the cylinders.
B.Test the clutch, run through all gears make sure there's no GRIND/ POP OUT.
C.Actually take a look at the block and look at the condition / dirty / clean - this will tell you about how the the previous owner treated the car.
D.Brakes - if the car isn't on hub caps, and has actual rims you can see through like oh say... gsr blades, you can check the pad life. and of course test it when you drive it.
E. Suspension - are the shocks blown? is it a bouncy ride? stock - smooth but high. aftermarket lowered - stiff is good but if its your daily you will get annoyed if your area has a lot of bumps.
F. If the car is modified of course you will HAVE to go through a more Thorough inspection of the car, how it was built and if it was built RIGHT. *Get the receipts for any aftermarket modification.
7. Craigslist is a good way to find cheap cars but you MUST inspect the car. The reason why people use craigslist over autotrader or ebay is because it is FREE.
8. Expect to find money hungry bastards. Cheap ass fools and bulls*** posers.
9. When you email a seller be polite even in person. I personally have bought 2 integra's and because I was polite and I knew what I was talking about, I got minor discounts. No this is not called sucking dick. it's called networking. If you could spend 10 mins talking and making a new friend, they could hook you up.
10. Bring someone with you when you spec a car. Not someone that you trust and doesn't know s*** about cars, bring someone that actually has your back and has mechanical experience.
11. Be Cautious about scams, that's why don't go alone.
12. Work hard, save a lot.
13. When you buy your car bone stock, imo DO NOT RUSH MODIFYING YOUR CAR. At least take some time to clean it, and admire it how it was made. When the time is right do it. Trust me half of the guys on this thread still remember how there car USED to be and it means a lot to notice how much hard work they put in it, they didn't rush it.
14. Having a girlfriend doesn't help your automotive expenses. & please don't show off, this will get your car Keyed, windows bashed, a target to thieves + more haters. This means ( don't rev your engine @ school, no burn outs, don't be like that 15 year old kid who likes to rip his ebrake, Yes im punking on that kid who does and don't zoooom and bust flybys on your friends/neighbors they'll dishonor you as a friend.
15. Good luck. Oh and by the way, THE MONEY YOU SPEND ON YOUR CAR MODIFYING... yeah don't expect you to get all that back.

i swear if you become a ricer after reading this fyl.

I'm sorry I used aggressive language in this post.
Jznsn2u said:
integras -
look for
-rust, they're usually above the rear wheels and under the trunk where the spare is located at.
-dents scratches.
-condition of the seats, carpet, door panels, dash board. Usually overtime, the door panels start to crease up at the arm rest, dash gets a slight crack, seats tend to rip.
-cracks in the windshield.
-pop the hood and check if the engine is at least decent looking.
-start it and see if it idles fine.
-make sure that theres no grinds going through the gears in a standard car, or auto - make sure theres no bog while going through the gears.
-no cels or other codes.
-make sure theres no radiator leakage.
-check the history, integras tend to get stolen a lot.
-talk to the owner, their personality will tell you how they treat their cars. usually young cats tend to abuse the s*** out of cars, the older crowd maintain there cars. Or it could be backwards, whatever just get a sense of their personality and make an assumption based on the condition of the car.
-oxidation in the headlights
-if the car is lowered, check under the front end to make sure nothing is leaking, exhaust manifold isnt cracked.
-check how the brakes respond while driving on the freeway.
-check if the steering column isnt tilted
-make sure the car doesnt make any odd sounds
-if your not getting a type r or an rs, check if the sunroof still works.
-check if the a/c works
hmmmmm thats about all i can say for now . I hope this helps.
Sorry, I realize that was massive but hopefully it helps.

And props to the guy who wrote that.