Might get a new (used) car tomorrow! T3h Hawtn3s5

hueman

so i was looking in a newspaper, and came across this gem:

1990 geo prism. 4 door. 5 speed. 154k. 500 dollars.

i called the guy up, and he said that everything runs fine, and it doesn't need any work, yadda yadda yadda.

now these are just corollas rebadged as geos right? anyone know anything about this? about how it looks? but most importantly, gas mileage?

i can finally say, "I can't! it's a geooooooooo" and actually mean it 8)
________
Ferrari F2005 Specifications

Last edited:

Chuckie Finster

I believe it had an engine built by GM but the drivetrain was Toyota. A while back, a dealer tried to sell us one of those. It does kinda look a lil bit like a Corolla from some angles. Iono 'bout the gas mileage, but Metro's do get pretty good mileage.

hueman

hmm.. i've read some reviews online and the car should get goooood gas mileage, and it's pretty damn reliable. i thought for sure it was the toyota 1.6 engine, but i ono...

and here's a great thing: my insurance will go down if i have these 2 cars! well, it'll go down like 20 bucks, but shit, i'll take what i can get :)
________
7 Series

Last edited:

Chuckie Finster

Maybe a GM built Toyota 1.6 or maybe that sales rep. who was trying to get me to buy the car just gotz issues.

Your insurance goes down? How's that?

hueman

well, if you add another car to your insurance policy, you get a huge discount, which accounts for it. :) i'm only going to get liability coverage...

oh yeah, i'm gonna rice it the fuck out!

i need ideas on how to cheaply (or for free) rice it out
________
FERRARI P HISTORY

Last edited:

Chuckie Finster

Shoot, I never knew that. Do all insurance companies do that? What's your insurance? Yeah, but I guess full coverage on the EVO wouldn't be pretty, huh?

Hahaha!!! I know you're gonna have fun with that thing. You should start a "ricer ideas?" thread. Hmm...so rice. Natural composite (aka plywood) works great for "wings" and splitters. Who needs the body shop, it's called Krylon--or better yet, Wal-Mart specials. Paper mache would make great body kits and the lightweight is bound to add performance. And def. don't forget to take off the front hubcaps. ;) The last time I heard, stickers were blowing away the competition at the tracks. And cut those damn off-road springs...that lowered stance gotta get you the speed.... :|

hueman

ahahhahahahahhaha

krylon!? oh man, i might have to do that...

but my friend just finished painting his basement.. it's this kind of blue pastel color... he's got like 3 buckets left of it!! 8) might have to do something about that.........

as far as the springs and stuff go, i don't think i really want to fuck with its reliability. just some awesome riced out visuals. chrome hubcap spinners is a must. but i think you're right... i'd get the better effect if i just put the hubs on the rear tires. or the front tires! and get larger tires for the rear!

i think i'll make like a budget of 50 bucks or so for this project... definitely going to start a "gimme rice ideas" thread if i do buy this thing.

but as far as the insurance is concerned, i go with www.esurance.com i really like them so far. great prices, (well, for me anyway...) and i've only started one claim (which i later canceled)... they were very efficient in getting it sorted out for me and were very helpful overall.

i'm also wondering if i should buy this thing at all, though. should i hold out for an old ass EF civic hatch, or a crx?? my friend has a type r motor/tranny just laying around cuz he can't sell it....
________
B9 Scrambler

Last edited:

hadjie85

hahahahahahahahaha rice hahahahahahahahaha!!!! do it hueman! get the geo and PIMP IT OUT!!! hahahaha!!! roflmao!

i can see it all now... massive spoiler, huge muffler tip, chrome thingies everywhere... absolutely no performance parts to speak of... :D

tho that crx with the type r in it sounds pretty filthy awesome too... decisions decisions decisions