Mike's 2000 ej8

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Hey guys/girls, I recently purchased a 2000 Honda Civic Ex. I think this is a HUGE step-up from my previous car, which was an Integra DB7 that as all rice.

The car is far from perfect, but I will do my best to make it just the way I like my cars: clean and simple. There are so many little imperfections, but with time and money, the car will be looking clean.

Now here are the specs:

2000 Honda Civic EX EJ8 with 95,XXX miles. 5 speed. I bought it for $3000. It was initially $4000, but with all these little problems, he managed to go down $1000.

Engine:
Short ram intake (forgot the brand, will check later)
No name strut bar
Greddy Evo 2 exhaust

Exterior:
Nice red paint
Window Visors
Rear window visor
"JDM" stickers :p
Red HONDA badge
Si grille
Si front lip
Si rear lip
Yellow foglights

Interior:
Red Tenzo R racing seats
Red dyed rear seats
Fake Carbon Fiber Trim
Pioneer tv/dvd indash

Suspension:
Stock shocks
TEIN S. Tech Springs

Wheels/Tires
Aftermarket Wheels (Dont know name)
Tires (Will check later)

I probably missing more stuff. Here are my plans:
Remove rear seat dye
Remove CF interior trim
Si cluster
Remove stickers
Coilovers
Quick release w/ steering wheel

Now the pics:

Let me know what you think and COMMENT :D

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
I was being serious :)

I like it, Even if it is fake I would probably leave the cf interior parts unless there's something wrong with them, Also paint that vc!

cody1018

Nice pick up mike. Glad to see you finally got another, does the clutch bug your knee at all?

Sent from Wonka's chocolate factory using tapatalk 2

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
I was being serious :)

I like it, Even if it is fake I would probably leave the cf interior parts unless there's something wrong with them, Also paint that vc!
The CF is all worn out and kills the look of the interior, so that has to go. As for the VC, I don't really want to paint it, but I change my mind, I think just plain black would look good.

I've always wanted this generation civic
I've always wanted an ek hatch. I didn't pay much attention to the coupes, but when I saw this and drove it, I fell in love. But the car only turns on when you push start it lol. My dad says that it needs a new starter, so I'll fix that ASAP.

Nice pick up mike. Glad to see you finally got another, does the clutch bug your knee at all?

Sent from Wonka's chocolate factory using tapatalk 2
Thanks man :)
The clutch doesn't bother me at all. My knees all good now, but it still doen't have complete full range of motion. I'll be working on that.

Swerve

Shawn
Could be only the solenoid, just rebuild it. But you have to get the parts from Toyota, but try banging on it while some one tries to start it

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Could be only the solenoid, just rebuild it. But you have to get the parts from Toyota, but try banging on it while some one tries to start it
My dad, who is a mechanic, said that the reason it doesn't start is cause the starter needs to be replaced. I don't wanna bang anything on my car lol. And parts from a toyota on a civic? Never heard of that...

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Nice. I'm looking at a silver 98 ex now. Only 75k on it for 4300.
That seems like a solid price, but I would give him $4000 max if the condition is good and is stock. I like ex's cause it has a d16y8 which is a more powerful motor than the other civic models.