Military Thread!

Surferman

So I didnt see that we had one yet and I know alot of people are/have been in it, so
Were you active/reserve?
Were are you stationed?
What branch?

And most of all, do you enjoy it and have enough time to mod your car and enjoy it?

rick1985

That's great to know that you have joined the air force.So best of luck...do post here your experience.

Mofojoe

Im not in the military, but I am a govt contractor working on all the electronics in mrap's in Afghanistan. Does that count?

Have no time to work on my ride, its still in the same spot from 2 years ago...

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
been in the us navy for 2 years this october. barely made e3 not too long. started at the very bottom of the totem pole.

i love it! what other 'job' pays you to live in a house and free benefits? :D

planning to retire in it actuall. boot camp (basic military training) was fun! even for a big guy like me (went in at 250lbs, left 2 months later at 205lbs), exercise was easy. met lots of people there and in a-school.

original orders were to virginia but i pulled some strings and called a few people to get it changed to my hometown (san diego) so i could be with my family and the integ ;)

been on a few detachments already. they were alright. no weekends off thanks to being in a squadron.

just remember, in the navy, there is no filippino mafia. if you think it exists, youll disappear.

Last edited:

mohawk42s

Just found this today...

Spent the last 4 years in the Army
I was in the 1/502 IN REG 101st AB
I was an 11B(infantry) in a scout sniper team
Got blown up in baghdad then sent to Walter Reed where ive been for the last 2 years
Just got a medical retirement 3 weeks ago :)
now im living in Maryland and trying to get a job...its gonna be weird working for a living again :/

nicoalex2

Just a quick question?

No need to answer, just curious.

How much do you, or can you make in the service???? What are the pay grades???

brandon07

I was reserve for a number of years. Once you submit the application the process can take many months and you may get stationed in another state since you are placed on chapter ten orders and are considered active duty, just not active component. You can get military information at their site.

Last edited: