Mirrorimg's build thread

mirrorimg

:D sometimes its the smallest things that make the biggest difference.

The alternator is working well. I need to check up on the bracket as the last time it wiggled loose, I want to make sure I dont have any belts go flying around in there while im driving down the road. I didnt notice any lights dimming while idling at stop lights the other night, though I really wasnt paying attention. I do think this guy is performing better than the old one, but that is most likely because the old one was on its last leg. Dont know what my next update will be. Im getting ready to purchase a house, so my money needs to stay in the bank :)

Prozon

Kris
So as it turns out the Legend alternator needed to use the Integra's pulley and voltage regulator?
It all turned out well, was there another reason for upgrading other then your old one going out?

mirrorimg

So as it turns out the Legend alternator needed to use the Integra's pulley and voltage regulator?
It all turned out well, was there another reason for upgrading other then your old one going out?
Really should have just needed the pulley. The VR in the legend alternator was bad, thats why I switched it with the Integra one. It should not need to be switched unless its not working properly.

mirrorimg

So I decided to take my spare block to my machine shop to get it ready. It needed to be cleaned and bored to 82mm, to match my current pistons. I decided to paint it so it would be easier to clean and looked nicer in the bay.

Unfortunately, the paint I got is a metallic, shiny finish. I sprayed the back of it to get an idea of what it would look like. I think I will be going out to get a more silver, less chromey-like paint...

JGvtec

Looks good. Like you said you were hoping for a less shiny look. What would happen if you went over it with like a flat silver?

mirrorimg

Similar to painting a room in your house. If you have a shiny undercoat, the coat applied over it will be shinier than if it were over a flat coat.

So if I put a normal silver on the back, and normal on the front, the back should still be a bit shinier than the front. Regardless of that, its in the back and not very visible once everything is in. I'll pick up something new from walmart tomorrow, and paint the rest of it.

Prozon

Kris
Whats the brand of paint you're using, Jason?

I used duplicolor engine paint on mine, and when I did I was told it would come off easy, and it really does.. it couldn't have been prepped better and along the sides it came off, and on the back where I had coolant leak the paint got somewhat runny? Lol.

mirrorimg

Antifreeze eats up paint, thats just what it does. Considering the OEM paint is more durable than rattle can, I would expect the rattle paint to lift off easier with antifreeze on it.

I used... this one. The cap wasnt chrome, so I thought I was ok.

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
little too bling for my likings.

i used cast coat aluminum when i did mine.....looks pretty oem.

mirrorimg

little too bling for my likings.

i used cast coat aluminum when i did mine.....looks pretty oem.
Thats what I am going for. I dont plan on leaving the engine with the paint I just sprayed on it. I was tricked by the color of the cap.

Is this what you used Ricky?