Mirrorimg's build thread

speedin

The Transporter
Holy crapola. Thats a lot of money to foam fill the frame. I hope you can get a few cars out of that, and once its used, you can seal it and reuse it later down the road, instead of it drying out/expanding in the box.
Well that box should do a little over 2 cars. But yea its not cheap, but then again its the foam they use for cars, it has just the right amount of strength. There was a SAE report that showed once you hit a certain strength to weight ratio it no longer is productive to have stronger foam, just ends up adding weight. So this is the stuff that will provide the right amount of strength without adding too much weight.

Just need to find someone to split the cost with...

FAC3L3SS

from teh darkside
Holy cow this car is full of win. A buddy of mine just did his entire car in the Dynamat stuff. It's SO much quieter. Well worth the effort and slight weight gain.

I love your car man. 4-door Tegs pwn.

mirrorimg

Well that box should do a little over 2 cars. But yea its not cheap, but then again its the foam they use for cars, it has just the right amount of strength. There was a SAE report that showed once you hit a certain strength to weight ratio it no longer is productive to have stronger foam, just ends up adding weight. So this is the stuff that will provide the right amount of strength without adding too much weight.

Just need to find someone to split the cost with...
Im sure filling my firewall with that would help reduce noise even more. Most of the sound now is coming from the firewall. (I probably should have put the dynamat further up the firewall and done 2 layers. Too late for that now.)
But I dont think Im going to split that cost with you to do that ;)

Holy cow this car is full of win. A buddy of mine just did his entire car in the Dynamat stuff. It's SO much quieter. Well worth the effort and slight weight gain.

I love your car man. 4-door Tegs pwn.
Thanks. It is a lot quieter. I sitll have a lot more to do, and hopefully I will knock much of it out this weekend. Weather permitting of course. Stay tuned!

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Love what you're doing with the DB8 brotha. Keep it up. :thumbs up

mirrorimg

Love what you're doing with the DB8 brotha. Keep it up. :thumbs up
Thanks Matt.
Im hoping at some point she becomes a maintained car and not a money pit soon ;)

I like spending money on her, but not so much so often. I broke the center console so that needs to be replaced, before I need to start switching between AC and heat for the defrost often. Contemplating getting a ITR climate, but I would need a bit more to match it all up. Probably just going to stick with the normal CC.

BUT, if I could (and they had ever offered it for integras) put an auto climate control in. Unfortunately all I ever found were auto CC's for civics. :(

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Thanks Matt.
Im hoping at some point she becomes a maintained car and not a money pit soon ;)

I like spending money on her, but not so much so often. I broke the center console so that needs to be replaced, before I need to start switching between AC and heat for the defrost often. Contemplating getting a ITR climate, but I would need a bit more to match it all up. Probably just going to stick with the normal CC.

BUT, if I could (and they had ever offered it for integras) put an auto climate control in. Unfortunately all I ever found were auto CC's for civics. :(
Didn't the Non-ITR models come with an automatic climate control?

mirrorimg

Didn't the Non-ITR models come with an automatic climate control?
Not in anything I found. From my limited research, all integras (94-01 atleast) have had cable driven climate controls.

Civics in jdmland were available with this jewel.

ThrowbackTEGjam

dude, just read through most of this. PROPS. I just got a 95 LS and I plan on doing similar things, but im starting with the interior and working my way out, only adding more inside I.E. sound system, complete re-upholstering, using FAT MAT ( I just ordered) instead of dynamat (too expensive) and then going to the motor. But it seriously looks great so far, job well done!

Patchezz

(///_-),.I..
Not in anything I found. From my limited research, all integras (94-01 atleast) have had cable driven climate controls.

Civics in jdmland were available with this jewel.
aww man wish i new bout that sexyness.. would put that shit in my 95 eg8 =(... btw i think your car is beautiful.. love the jdm front end conversion man

mirrorimg

do none of the mad tyte JDM yo tegs have this marvelous cc?
Unfortunately not. From all of the looking I did, there were solely for civics. They use an actuator that mounts on the part that the cable would attach to. Technically I could do it, it just wont fit right, and I bet the color of the plastic will stand out against the integra console.

dude, just read through most of this. PROPS. I just got a 95 LS and I plan on doing similar things, but im starting with the interior and working my way out, only adding more inside I.E. sound system, complete re-upholstering, using FAT MAT ( I just ordered) instead of dynamat (too expensive) and then going to the motor. But it seriously looks great so far, job well done!
Thanks
Im really happy with the sound deadening, even though it's not complete. I can actually talk to someone without raising my voice like I used to. Ill be getting some new carpet down the road, with a thicker lining. That should help a bit more also.

I figured I would stick with the tried and true dynamat. I would suggest getting a rubber roller from the company you buy the sound deadener from. It will make working the mat much easier.

mirrorimg

I didn't get much done this weekend. After work Friday, the weather wasn't cooperating so I had delay work on the car. I still haven't taken care of the wheel bearing, so thats a primary concern right now. I did manage to Dynamat my driver side front door before the comedy show I went to on Saturday, and I have a picture, but cant find my camera right now.

I went to see Jeff Dunham with my family, and he is hilarious. For those of you who dont know, he is a ventriloquist, and a good one at that. After I got out of the parking garage it was 11:30, and I headed to a friends to drink.

Today was a pretty boring day, and I put the car off until 5:00. I took care of Dynamat'ing my driver side rear door, which was much easier than the fronts. I used a lot less matting also. As it stands, I have 3 and a half sheets left. The other door will probably require 3/4 of a sheet, so I will have plenty to do the roof, and then maybe lay another layer on the floor pan somewhere.

I have a couple of bids on eBay for some center consoles, so I will see what I can get as inexpensively as possible.

mirrorimg

I have a few purchases I have made over the past week, the car has taken a back burner for now.

I bought:

A new (cheap knockoff) shift knob. Black with red gear layout in a type r style. eBay special, universal fitment, so it has two thread patterns in it. (If I had known that, I wouldnt have bought it). But other than that, it is replacing my worn, many times polished or repainted shift knob that just does not last.

A new climate control to replace the one I broke. Its just the vent selector and temp/control slider portion. It looked pretty fresh in the pictures, and if my buttons are better, I can always exchange them.

I also picked up a very new looking sunroof button. I dont plan on using it much, just to swap in case I go to any meets... (ECHM 2010?) I have a like-new mirror control switch also for the same purpose.

Last week I bought an inline fuse and some wire to replace my old, decrepit alternator cable. The inline fuse portion came in, with its small section of wire, but my knukoncepts wire has yet to arrive. If it isnt here in a couple days, they will be hearing from me.

Pics will come in a couple days when everything arrives. I should have taken some yesterday when I washed and waxed her, because she has a THICK layer of pollen on now.