Mis-Shifted at the track :(

bjanosz62391

Okay, So i was at the track today....I finished at the top of 3rd....14.75 at 94 mph...and went to upshift into fourth...and went to second :twisted: :evil: So, now i have a bad misfire....dead cylinder #2....compression is still 175 across the board....but i checked cap , rotor, dizzy, ign coil, spark plug, wires, injector, and everything is fine....Do you think this is a bent pushrod? I know a floated valve would have caused a compression loss

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Well, since there are no pushrods in these motors you can cancel that off your list of problems. Compression could still be ok if you bent a rod. You also might have bent a valve, if it's stuck shut your compression will be fine.

mjones73

Pull the valve cover and have a look at the valve train.

The cams sit right on the rocker arms in these motors, no pushrods.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
that or a broken valve spring

turbteg-gsr

have u taken out ur spark plug what does it look like... u can tell alot bout ur engine from a spark plug... is it fouled up..... if so from what i am hearing ur falves in ur cylender may be stuck ... thats the only think i can think of is there a spark on ur spark plug jus wing out all possibilitties if all else fails than i would suggest takin the top part of ur engin off and inspect ur valves