Misfiring problem.....*sigh*

TaintedDC2

Tainted
The Car is a 2001 Acura Integra Gsr about 144,000 miles, the car is completely stock nothing but suspension was done to it, i bought the car with the misfiring problem. pretty much doubled checked everything make sure it wasnt loose and was on correctly.

stuff that has been replaced
-dizzy cap & rotar
-plugs and wire
-fuel injectors

the car isnt loosing any performance i dont think, but i did buy the car like that so i wouldnt of known how it ran before the misfire.... i havent pushed it hard because of the misfiring problem, the only thing thats annoying is everytime at idle and even sometimes while driving the check engine light would start flashing on and off.... the car idles at about 800 - 900 rpms, i dunno what else to do any help would be greatly appreciated.

anything else that would help find a solution please ask.

TaintedDC2

Tainted
im getting the random misfiring code in all cylinders, i havent gotten around to replacing the fuel filter i will try and do that tomorrow.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
man, i would look closely at the dizzy itself.

IntegraGstypeR

if its flashing back n forth like that you shouldnt drive your car.
Make sure all your pistons work.

because it sends out random misfires through out all 4 cylinders.
So it could be anything from dizzy,fuel, to bent valves or a blown piston. If not it could be the Crank position sensor.

Last edited:

TaintedDC2

Tainted
the car is very smooth really, no lagging in the rpm guage, vtec works beautifully its just that flashing light just making me wanna pull my hair out, i've already bought the new fuel filter attempted to change it but i couldnt get the old one to screw off the bottom line....... the weird thing was since i couldnt get the old one off i just reconnected the lines and started up the car with the light off, it was off for a good 3-8 mins then it came back on......but it hasnt been flashing....yet.. so lets hope replacing the fuel filter will fix it, crossing my fingers tomorrow, thanks for the input everyone.

TaintedDC2

Tainted
problem solved! the ecu was messed up... i switched ecu's with a friend and boom! wahlah! running like a champ. so ordered me a new gsr ecu and i should be set.