misfiring problem.

Ksan

Hey guys my car is having weird misfiring problems, It sutters constantly. I changed my spark plugs and still is doing the same thing. Can it be the fuel filter? the compression test shows that it is good. but the only thing i havent really take a look at is the distributor. what else can cause random mulitple misfires?

IntegraGstypeR

been there n done that....
could be a number of things thats why its random misfires.

First thing I would recommend is check your injectors. Because thats what happened to mine when it was misfiring. injector was clogged. If that doesnt work check your dizzy. rotor might be busted. but Really check the injectors first. This has happened to many people on CI

Ksan

i have have rc440 injectors they are fine. i have msd cap and rotor and wires. how do i check the dizzy?

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
with it running, pull each wire off 1 by 1 till you get to the one that dosent make a diffrence, then check for spark from that wire.

White_Rabbit

with it running, pull each wire off 1 by 1 till you get to the one that dosent make a diffrence, then check for spark from that wire.
Just be careful but yea this is a good way. Also, your coil good be bad. Do a quick search on google on how to check it. You just take the cap and rotor off and its a quick check. You'll need a multimeter. But usually its hit or miss. EIther its working or its not.

Usually if it was a fuel issue it just runs kinda shitty. Not a misfire. So its gonna be spark. What plugs did you use? Integra are sometimes picky. I know one that worked great in my chevy is horrific in the integra. Went through that.