Mishimoto fan shroud turbo related question

HooliganSKATE

I'm just curious if anyone has a mishimoto performance radiator, and fan shroud that might be able to let me know how far the fan itself sits from the radiator? As if you were to look from the top, how far is the fan itself (at its furthest edge) from the radiator? Ive got an order in with tunersports for a mishimoto performance radiator, two 12" slim fans, and hose kit, but the radiator and fans are on back order for just a small amount of time which is fine.

Justin offered to upgrade me to the fan shroud at no extra cost (which was nice) because they're on back order, but I am turboing my car next month, and am worried about having issues with my manifold/turbo, or any piping being too close to the radiator which is why I ordered the slim fans. Does anyone have any idea on how big the fan shroud is compared to the slim fans? I need to have my radiator set up as tight as possible..

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys

Mishimoto

Product Manufacturer
I'm just curious if anyone has a mishimoto performance radiator, and fan shroud that might be able to let me know how far the fan itself sits from the radiator? As if you were to look from the top, how far is the fan itself (at its furthest edge) from the radiator? Ive got an order in with tunersports for a mishimoto performance radiator, two 12" slim fans, and hose kit, but the radiator and fans are on back order for just a small amount of time which is fine.

Justin offered to upgrade me to the fan shroud at no extra cost (which was nice) because they're on back order, but I am turboing my car next month, and am worried about having issues with my manifold/turbo, or any piping being too close to the radiator which is why I ordered the slim fans. Does anyone have any idea on how big the fan shroud is compared to the slim fans? I need to have my radiator set up as tight as possible..

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys
Hello there!

I apologize for the back order situation you are dealing with.

I should be able to help you out with the measurement. From the shroud mounting points on the radiator to the end of the fan the thickness is 3.5". This accounts for the shroud thickness as well as the fan. Hopefully this provides the clearance you need with your turbo setup.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks
-John

HooliganSKATE

Thanks john! I'm gonna go ahead and order the shroud then, and I think everything should be ok. The kit I have is supposed to fit in with the stock radiator, and I'm assuming the new radiator and fan shroud should be smaller or atleast the same size as the stock set up on my car

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Its smaller, you should have no problem with fitment.

Mishimoto

Product Manufacturer
Thanks john! I'm gonna go ahead and order the shroud then, and I think everything should be ok. The kit I have is supposed to fit in with the stock radiator, and I'm assuming the new radiator and fan shroud should be smaller or atleast the same size as the stock set up on my car
No problem at all! Yes it sounds like you should have a pretty seamless install. I am not sure if you were getting our 2 row or 3 row radiator but here are the combined thicknesses with the fan shroud.

2 Row: 5.65"
3 Row (X Line): 6.05"

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
You should be fine with the dual core, with the thermostat and slim fans. If you are experiencing any problems, you can always try the Mishimoto Liquid Chill.

HooliganSKATE

I ordered the 2 row, I think cooling wise I should be good now!