Mishimoto radiator with shroud not close to fitting

blitzmr2

Bought a Mishimoto Xline radiator with shroud and fans, just tried installing it and it's not close to fitting. Well, it's close, but it ain't gonna happen. Stock exhaust manifold with stock heat shield.

I know the Xline is thicker than standard Mishimoto, but I can't imagine a radiator was designed not to fit. Part number seems to indicate it's the proper right part.

I did try installing shroud and radiator all in one piece. It'd obviously fit without the shroud. Is this wrong?

Anyone have any experience with the Mishimoto Xline?

Mishimoto

Product Manufacturer
Bought a Mishimoto Xline radiator with shroud and fans, just tried installing it and it's not close to fitting. Well, it's close, but it ain't gonna happen. Stock exhaust manifold with stock heat shield.

I know the Xline is thicker than standard Mishimoto, but I can't imagine a radiator was designed not to fit. Part number seems to indicate it's the proper right part.

I did try installing shroud and radiator all in one piece. It'd obviously fit without the shroud. Is this wrong?

Anyone have any experience with the Mishimoto Xline?
I apologize for the issues you are having with our radiator. The X-line radiator is significantly thicker than the OEM unit which alters the overall fitment of the radiator with OEM and Mishimoto fan shrouds. To alleviate the problem we recommend mounting the fans directly to the core of the radiator using our fan mounting kit found here: http://www.mishimoto.com/mishimoto-slim-line-electric-radiator-fan-mount-tie-kit.html

This information is also noted on our site in the tech specs section: http://www.mishimoto.com/acura-integra-94-01-xline-radiator.html. Feel free to contact our customer service department or myself directly regarding any further questions. Again I apologize for the miscommunication of this information.

Thanks

dlo253

What fan do you have? I was told the above method would work for me... I have the regular mishi radiator and 14" fan. Literally touched my header... and the fan didn't fit like I was told, so I had to make custom nylatron spacers and mount it so it pushes rather than pulls. Was pissed at the time, but love the setup how I have it now lol.