Mishimoto *warranty* claim anyone? Help!

Army74D

gtavila_
I searched but didn't really find what I'm
looking for so here it goes..

A hole mysteriously appeared on Mishimoto full
size radiator recently, causing me to loose coolant.. FAST.

Link to video (I used my water hose to find the leak after pulling the radiator out);
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KquHjFucF4Y&feature=youtu.be&desktop_uri=/watch?v=KquHjFucF4Y&feature=youtu.be

I filled out the warranty claim form on Mishimoto's website and submitted it.
Haven't heard back since I submitted it Saturday night (It's now Monday morning).
I understand Mishimoto has their "no questions asked" limited lifetime warranty and have read many good things about the company and the fact that they stand behind their products and warranty.
So no need to question that.

Anyway.. My questions are;

Has anyone used a warranty through Mishimoto to replace a damaged product?
Will I have to send in my damaged product in order to receive the replacement?
How long is the wait typically?
Has anyone been (or heard of any cases of being) turned down from replacing a product?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Nick_C78

That is where you had the fan mounted isn't it. Looks like the fan was loose and rubbed through the verticals on the radiator. My last radiator did that. So then I decided to mount my fan a different way.

I highly recommend doing it this way. I got the idea from Donut, a really fast integra driver on NWP4life forum. Works flawless and keeps my fins from getting beat to hell.

Army74D

gtavila_
That is where you had the fan mounted isn't it. Looks like the fan was loose and rubbed through the verticals on the radiator. My last radiator did that. So then I decided to mount my fan a different way.

I highly recommend doing it this way. I got the idea from Donut, a really fast integra driver on NWP4life forum. Works flawless and keeps my fins from getting beat to hell.
Yes, damn fan! It took 4 months of rubbing to finally break through. Thanks for that picture though!
I will have to copy your style. The fan shrouds are expensive as f*ck!

Army74D

gtavila_
Oh and posted too soon.. Shorty after, I received my email.

Paid my $27 and it should be on it's way soon!

Mishimoto

Product Manufacturer
I filled out the warranty claim form on Mishimoto's website and submitted it.
Haven't heard back since I submitted it Saturday night (It's now Monday morning).
I understand Mishimoto has their "no questions asked" limited lifetime warranty and have read many good things about the company and the fact that they stand behind their products and warranty.
So no need to question that.

Anyway.. My questions are;

Has anyone used a warranty through Mishimoto to replace a damaged product?
Will I have to send in my damaged product in order to receive the replacement?
How long is the wait typically?
Has anyone been (or heard of any cases of being) turned down from replacing a product?

Thanks in advance.
Hello Army74D,

We are sorry to hear about this issue you are having. If you have filled out the claim form over the weekend, we should have a reply send today. Please email us directly at sales@mishimoto.com if you do not.

You are not required to send in your damaged items under normal circumstances.
We make every attempt to have replies out that same day when you contact us.
As long as you have a copy of your receipt, a picture of the damage, you should have no problems having your claim processed.

Thanks,
-Pat

EDIT: We must have been posting at the same time. Glad to hear that everything has been handled for you already.

Army74D

gtavila_
Can you post more pics man? Like a side view will be great.

Nick_C78

I don't have a side view, and the car is 100 miles away. Let me find the one from Donut's thread.

Army74D

gtavila_
Hello Army74D,

We are sorry to hear about this issue you are having. If you have filled out the claim form over the weekend, we should have a reply send today. Please email us directly at sales@mishimoto.com if you do not.

You are not required to send in your damaged items under normal circumstances.
We make every attempt to have replies out that same day when you contact us.
As long as you have a copy of your receipt, a picture of the damage, you should have no problems having your claim processed.

Thanks,
-Pat

EDIT: We must have been posting at the same time. Glad to hear that everything has been handled for you already.

I love you way more now than I already did.. Haha. Thanks so much!
You guys are awesome!

Nick_C78

On my car there is a half inch of clearance, which isn't ideal, but my car also doesn't overheat and runs quite cool actually. So in my opinion it doesn't need to be touching or insanely close.

Army74D

gtavila_
On my car there is a half inch of clearance, which isn't ideal, but my car also doesn't overheat and runs quite cool actually. So in my opinion it doesn't need to be touching or insanely close.
Cool, thanks a lot for your help man. Much appreciated!

imchongx3

Running into this thread has me about to order mishimoto hahahah. God damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk