misshift and hit redline for a sec.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
You're probably safe, but you can drop a tranny that way, be careful..saw a guy go from fifth into 3rd because he thought he was in 4th..not pretty

SMACKABEEZY

F0E D0E M0 H0ES
You're probably safe, but you can drop a tranny that way, be careful..saw a guy go from fifth into 3rd because he thought he was in 4th..not pretty
would i feel anything or hear anything if i messed anything up? i heard its good to redline a car sometimes to get rid of gunk and deposits is this true?:oops::???:

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Not that I know of, as you approach true redline you get fuel cut off. Any grinds rough shifts etc could be signs of transmission issues.

JGvtec

would i feel anything or hear anything if i messed anything up? i heard its good to redline a car sometimes to get rid of gunk and deposits is this true?:oops::???:
I believe you would hear ticking like it almost sounds like its inside your head. You can bend your valves if its a BAD redline.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
SOmeone I know had a B20 that had an idle issue and he went to rev it while I was there and bounced about 10k + RPM's and it didn't mess it up or anything. You should be fine

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Depends..the misshift would be going from like fourth to first...we've all missed a shift before..

importtunerman

importtunerman
dude your good, if there are no bad ticking sounds or deep roars then its fine i used to redline my ls all the time like straight bounce off the rev limiter and i never had engine problems