mjones73's build thread

mjones73

I've deemed my car's name half ass due to all the half ass work I've found on it from the previous owner.

Anyway, here's some pics and I'll start listing what I've done to it since I've gotten it to try to return it back to normal.

mirrorimg

I've deemed my car's name half ass due to all the half ass work I've found on it from the previous owner.

Anyway, here's some pics and I'll start listing what I've done to it since I've gotten it to try to return it back to normal.
Where is this list?

mjones73

I'd say the main this is it looks like the car has been apart and there's fasteners missing everywhere on it. I need to make a list of bolts/clips and other misc parts someday and start ordering things.

Off the top off my head, most of the bolts/clips for the rear plastic panels are missing, it's missing bolts for the bumper, clips to hold the cowl in, the idler puller and arm for the AC, screws for the front wheel well liners, the engine protector, etc.

It had Jensen speakers all around, not a single screw holding them in. I found a feed for an amp going to the trunk, no fuse and instead of routing it through the firewall they ran it down under the wheel well (where you can see the wire if you look up in the wheel well) and routed it in through the hole where the wiring to the door comes out.

It's got an after market alarm, I found the motion sensor was just wire tired under the dash and hanging loose.

The car had clear markers and alteeza's on when I got it which I've since replaced.

The door locks didn't work right and the trunk lock doesn't match the rest of the keys.

It's just little odds and ends that just make me wonder wtf where they thinking?

I got the car cheap and it runs pretty solid so I can't complain too much, I'm just trying to get it all straightened out now.

Last edited:

mjones73

Where is this list?
Off the top of my head..

Fix various exhaust leaks and weld holes shut in the cat to get it past inspection

Dump the altezza tailights and the clear markers

Replace a rear caliper and free up frozen caliper pins on both sides

Replace the worn out ignition switch (it was fun having it turn off while you were driving)

Take off the knock off N1 style fart can and put on a quieter muffler til I can afford a better exhaust for it

Re-wire the amp wiring and add a fuse at the battery end.

Replace the battery terminals.

New tires

New torque mounts with ES inserts (still need to do the t-bracket)

New speakers all around, headunit and amp

LED's in the gauge cluster

mjones73

Finally got around to getting my AC working, the idler pulley and bracket where missing off my motor.

Picked up a bracket from Merlins Beard's here at the forum and a new pulley from Curry Acura. Big different in the pulleys, the one that came with the bracket had a bad bearing and looked to be stamped steel, the new one looks like it was machined out of a solid chunk of metal.

Getting the bracket on was a pain in the ass, just no room to get my hands down in there from the top, hold it in place and start the bolt in. I finally got it on after unbolting the power steering pump and pushing it aside.

Today I dropped the torque mount and loosened the motor mount to let the motor drop enough to get the belt around it, got everything buttoned up and I finally have AC. No more roasting in a black car with black interior. :)

On a side note, the cheap twin loop I had broke, one of the hangers on it ripped off and let a quarter sized hole in the muffler. The old no name N1 style is back on for now...

I'm back to this... It's a solid exhaust, can't find any markings on it to ID it though...

Next up, cleaning up that ugly muffler and getting my a-pipe rattle fixed.

Last edited: