mkv gti vs 03 wrx

teggy2281

hi! my co worker has been talking mad crap to me about him racing my wrx. so hopefully this weekend, it will be a dry day and then we'll go for it. his gti has an apr stage1 chip and a drop in k&n filter. while my rex is stage 2+ with a vf39 sti turbo. my co worker is so confident that he will hang with me. so what do you guys think? i know that these are not integra's but i wanted to know everybody's opinion.i'll keep you guys posted up for the results.

thanks,
jeff

rob1570

DC2 GS-R
I have heard the newer ones to be pretty fast. MY buddy has an 08 wrx with cobb access port and a cat-back and he got pulled by a stage 2 mkv. I dont think they are that slow but im assuming the turbo you have is from an sti? you should be able to hold your own, but let us know when you actually race

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
i'll keep you guys posted up for the results.
Well?

Your WRX should beat it. Especially since it's Stage2. The downpipe makes such a big difference on a WRX/STI... That coupled with a VF39, you should be decently fast. Especially from a dig. From a roll, it will be close.

My MK3 VW Jetta VR6 is capable of beating a stock MK5 GTI, AND a stock WRX. But once you get mods on either, it becomes closer.

speedin

The Transporter
I have heard the newer ones to be pretty fast. MY buddy has an 08 wrx with cobb access port and a cat-back and he got pulled by a stage 2 mkv. I dont think they are that slow but im assuming the turbo you have is from an sti? you should be able to hold your own, but let us know when you actually race
Alright, you should win no issues.... I'll explain....

Thats my buddys MKV GTI. He has the DSG which basically gives him a length every time I shift. He is APR stage 2++, he has the Carbino CF CAI, APR downpipe, APR fuel pump, and the APR tune to back it all up. This sucker moves!

I only have a Cobb Stage 2 tune on a 02 with 100k miles. I have a 3in invidia DP with straight flow 4in electric cutout midpipe, K&N drop in and snorkus delete, and I run 33% E85. From a stop its no contest, he spins even on nice Eagle F1's. From a roll he gets a quick jump (there torque is very nice), but in the top end I reel him in and pass him. But then I shift and that sick DSG brings him back side by side with me. So essentually we are dead even.

So that GTI is a good step above your co-workers, that plus im on the stock tiny turbo. So you should have no issues at all.

ballingTEG

you should walk him, r u protuned? if not get that done RIGHT AWAY. youll get way more power out of ur set up and subarus are not like hondas. you cant just slap something on and expect it to run right.

Last edited:
you should walk him, r u protuned? if not get that done RIGHT AWAY. youll get way more power out of ur set up and subarus are not like hondas. you cant just slap something on and expect it to run right.
:roll: Someone spent 30 minutes at a tuning shop and overheard some conversations...

ballingTEG

:roll: Someone spent 30 minutes at a tuning shop and overheard some conversations...
actually ive been a member on iwsti and nasioc for over 2 years and will be buying a wrx in the next few months. and clearly ur a retard, protunes are the best mod for the money you can do on a modded car, they'll get the most power out of what ever setup u chose and will make your car run safely

speedin

The Transporter
btw sorry i like to learn about other cars besides hondas:roll:
I gotta say you went about this all wrong. Should have just mentioned your credibility.... He did make an assumption that was wrong, and yes a tune is the best bang for the buck.

keep it civil....

Last edited:

ballingTEG

I gotta say you went about this all wrong. Should have just mentioned your credibility.... He did make an assumption that was wrong, and yes a tune is the best bang for the buck.

keep it civil....
sorry, but people just shouldnt post if there not educated on the topic. his post was not needed, i atleast tried answering the question, and tried steering the op in the right direction for modding.