modding a teggy

XTurboAcuraX

when i do get a teg fo course i wanna mod it. i will get an aem intake since most of you have that one. i also want a greddy exaust. is the greddy exaust a good choice? i will most likely add header as well. most of you seem to have 4-2-1 DC headers so i guess that's what i should look for. i will have a sound system as well. probably JL audio. rims. i don't really care to much about the brand name on rims cause they are all expensive more or less. i would like to get konig or something, but it will most likely be he!!a expensive. i want a security system as well. maybe the viper alarm system. so, any advice on what stuff i should get. especially in the engine performance department. what's cool and what's not. oh and what about catalytic converters. i heard carsound is the best brand.

SlyDC2

oh my... piece of advice... what everyone else has is not necessarily the best for everyone/or the best performance wise. i mean yea if you wanna be "super cool y0" then you have to have the AEM/DC/GReddy combo cause yea, thats just like the standard bs. i have an rs*r exhaust and will be getting the comptech icebox and apex'i header.... some are more expensive and some are less but they're what i like but not so much what everyone else does because "my exhaust is too quiet and my intake is going to look too stock" seriously dude do some reasearch and opinions and all that other kinda stuff before you just jump into buying things because you could regret it after you actually figure out what you're doing. this post kinda reminds me of this letter to the editor that was in the paper a week or 2 ago, it was 8 year olds who wrote about what they would have when they were out of high school... it was like "i will have a job, and i will have a boyfriend, and i will have graduated from high school, and i will be smart, and i will not drink, and i want to be a teacher" but you damn well know that some of those kids are going to be stupid little fucks who dont graduate and live their lives on a street corner lol... point is do what you want, not what you think other people want you to do.

btw, random technology is the shit for cats and where in norcal do you live anyway?

Last edited:

DownShift96GSR

Yeah go with what Sly says. Yes its true a majoriy of us have an AEM intake and a DC 4-2-1 header. You also need to look at price. To me the DC header was my best bang for the buck. If I wasn't getting a turbo, I'd probably switch over to a INJEN Race division intake. I was like Sly, I went different when it came to my exhaust. One of the main reasons for modding a car is to be different than the next car. And word on the board and on the street is that Carsound and Random Tech cats are real good. Another thing, when it comes to your mods, you should find out what you want to do first with your car, you know, what your goals are. Do you wanna go fast down the1320, look good with some get up, or be able to out run and out corner any other car on the street. Do you want all motor or forced induction. Its all up to you. My main advice here really is to try and not copy what other people do. Like I said earlier, a lot of people have DC header, they are one of the best headers out there, the same thing with AEM. But hey, AEM owns DC now so what the hell right? Good luck with your car, keep us updated.

XTurboAcuraX

i want my car to look good and be fairly quick as well. i want some show mods as well as some go mods. and i really want the exaust to sound good. that's why i also want a new catalytic converter. im not trying to copy other people. it's not like there are any well modded cars at my school anyway. all those guys do is get a cheap car and put on a crappy sounding exaust. they rattle so bad its funny. if i get a gsr and drive it to the school even when it's stock i will already be different. nobody has a gsr. one guy has an rsx though, but it's not modded. still cool though. so anyway around here i can't really copy anyone. what i can do and will do is call up a dealer like greddy before i go there and ask them if they have parts that will work well with my car. i think that they should know things like this. so no im not trying to copy anyone and i will check what i am getting. i just want as much info as possible that's why i posted this.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
AEM CAI And Injen CAI Are Up there; but i went wit the AEM V2 =) DC Sport are mostly seen in our engines becuz they perform well for the price tag on em. i wouldnt want to pay 600 bucks for a header. exhuast...you got many choices, from chambers to straight, sleeper style mufflers, N1, loud, quiet,..etc. watever floats your boat you kno. only advice always go for the good stuff...dont buy cheap mods, if you getting something always get the best or atleast the good stuff, that way u wont regret it afterwards. You Get What You Pay For

My Goal Is To Have All The Mods Listed Below, Be Done By Dec. 05
AEM V2 (Order/Install Fri. 29th)
Comptech Stainless Steel 4-2 Header
HKS Hi Power Exhaust Sys. (Deposit Made/Install Late Nov.)
Unorthodox Racing Ultra SS Pulley Set
AEM Fuel Rail
Ro_Ja 6 Piece Bodykit (without eyelids)

Last edited:

Baldy201

First off do you have a goal for your engine besides fast? Find out where you are and where you want to go then we can help you out more. Here is some basic stuff about exhaust, intake and stuff like that.

Intake- Any thing will work. No need to get AEM unless you are after the CARB sticker, since you are in cali that must be why, As long as the filter flows good like K&N then all it is is a pipe, all the same.

Exhaust- diffrent diameter pipe cause diffrent things to happen to the power band. Most of the time the leading manufactures will not make there exhaust too big. Mufflers, and cats are where the big losses come from. Straight though-most gain but loud, Chambered- least gain but quiet, Twin loop- Good gain and quiet, but expensive. Cats are basicly all the same. Get a High flow from a know name like Carsound, Random Tech., Magnaflow.

This is only the very basic knowledge. If you want to learn more about exhaust pipe sizing, Intake design, Muffler design, look around on the internet there is tons of info.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
if your gettin a aftermarket exhuast 2.25" & 2.5" piping should be fine, unless your running boost your prolly need bigger, you dont want alot of backpressure..but u dont want no backpessure either. i always been a fan of straight pipe and N1 style exhaust. i dont recommend gettin a universal exhuast an gettin a custom catback pipe, i had a friend did that and still regrets it til this day. but there's a wide range of choices from aftermarket goodies there's alot out there stop by a local tuner shop and ask around, might try to sell u something but they are helpful and give u a good idea of wat parts do wat. ask ppl on this forum. wat parts they got and how it performs there's alot of info out there