MoJoJo, if you're still here please do me a favor.

XTurboAcuraX

last time i checked you had an RSX S. can you tell me about it. how much it cost, insurance, how did you pay for it, how it drives, horsepower.......just some info. thanks
i test drove an RSX today and the car seemed pretty damn cool. it wasn't vtec, but still fast. i decided i want a faster car. the civic is just too slow for my likings.
of course i will listen to all opinions, but i really want to hear what mojo has to say because he has an RSX

Todd

token ex-mod
rsx's are nice, but personally i'd go for something like an 01gsr. it's MUCH cheaper, less expensive to insure, less expensive to mod, and less expensive to repair while remaining just as fast.
b series engines have been around since the 80's, that means there's more aftermarket support.
k series are only a few years old and their aftermarket support is still blossoming and it's expensive as hell.

but that's just some food for thought, it's your money spend it how you want :what:

XTurboAcuraX

integras are very rare in sac. originally i wanted a gsr, but couldn't find one. that's why i got this slow ass civic. rsx's are easer to find. even if there is a grs in sac i may not like something about it. color, mileage, etc... with the rsx i have more choices. and yes i do believe a gsr is cheaper to own.

Todd

token ex-mod
oh, and i'm pretty sure that ALL rsx's are vtec...

gsr's rarer then rsx's eh? wierd.... i own 2 car dealerships, that's probably why it was so easy for me to find one :lol:

MoJoJoJo

Banned
mine is a base, hehe i didnt get a type s...i got used, with a reconditioned title it was a theft recovery car, barely had any miles on it, i bought it with the money from selling my old teg. insurance i pay about 800 for 6 months, not cheap =\ i have i VTEC, what the difference is...hehe to be honest i dont know. the acceleration isnt really that quick, after basic i/h/e throttle response is ok, but wish it would be better. handling is kinda stiff. makin turns isnt at mid range speeds isnt such a easy thing.

XTurboAcuraX

Todd said:
oh, and i'm pretty sure that ALL rsx's are vtec...

gsr's rarer then rsx's eh? wierd.... i own 2 car dealerships, that's probably why it was so easy for me to find one :lol:
lucky kid.

XTurboAcuraX

MoJoJoJo said:
mine is a base, hehe i didnt get a type s...i got used, with a reconditioned title it was a theft recovery car, barely had any miles on it, i bought it with the money from selling my old teg. insurance i pay about 800 for 6 months, not cheap =\ i have i VTEC, what the difference is...hehe to be honest i dont know. the acceleration isnt really that quick, after basic i/h/e throttle response is ok, but wish it would be better. handling is kinda stiff. makin turns isnt at mid range speeds isnt such a easy thing.
can you tell me how much it cost. and 800 for 6 months is not that much. is it full coverage? overall are you happy with your car. (i really like your engine. it just looks so damn cool to me). i think the acceleration is quick enough. of course im not sure. i've driven one for like 10 mins. the one i drove felt fast. many cars may feel fast after i just got out of my weak ass civic. when i drove it i went up to either 2nd or 3rd gear and then floored it. the whole car kinda jerked from the power. you know what i mean. the engine sounded hella coll at like 5-6 thousand rpm. i even had the dealership guy next to me and im happy he didn't say anything. i was speeding quite a bit. shit, im happy he let me drive it. before i drove it i talked to him. told him i was thinking about an RSX. maybe that's why he let me drive it. i don't think they let any crazy ass 19 year old drive their 17 thousand dollar cars. i kinda figure that the guys who sell the cars don't want them wrecked by some crazy kid.

01cleatus

Hey bro I dont know if your civic is payed off or not because you just got it but if it is not and you decide to trade in..... Don't you will have so much negative equity that you will probably be paying 4 or even 5 grand more for that rsx in the long run. Payments can be misleading with the amount of months it is stretched out to i.e. 36, 48,60,66,72 months. The longer you pay the more you pay in interest. I am not sure for Cali but in Florida we are allowed to give loans out for cars up to 150% of the cars worth. That is ridiculous. But yeah even the base RSX is alot faster and thats why the guy let you drive the "17,000" dollar car cause he knew you would like it more than your civic and that it would probably be an easier sale. Honestly unless you sell your civic and pay off your loan if it still exists then go get the RSX but please do not trade it in no matter what. If you do decide to trade it in then shop around and have another RSX lined up at another dealership and sometimes if they are desperate to sell then they will bite and have a small war of lowering prices and raising the amount of money they would give you for the trade in. I am only telling you this because I did something like that with my first two cars and had to pay up the ass in negative equity and it was very hard to get out of it. Just be careful bro.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
i dont have full coverage on my car, i paid for it in cash. its a recondition title on it so i didnt really care. i'm currently trying to do some research to get more torque on my rsx, want the acceleration to be faster, yea when i floor it, tastes a lil bit, but once it gets going u can feel a jerk and its speeds up really quick. one thing i dont like is the handling. but i guess its becuz its still stock, maybe when i do some more suspension mods, it will perform different.

are u thinking bout gettin a brand new RSX? i'm not a really be fan of the new one, it looks too much like a civic front. i havent drove it yet. i dunno if handling is better in that one or not. but i still love my car. i suggest u find a way to just buy the rsx in full, that way u dont have to worry bout payments, interest, full coverage insurance. i kno what ur thinking, "where am i gonna get the money to pay for it in full?" check around like action place, body shops, if u dont mind driving a car with a bad title. it didnt really matter to me, i bought a my car still brand new, and like cheap...when i mean cheap...i mean....CHEAP!

good luck

XTurboAcuraX

my civic is paid off completely. i will try to shoot for the type s. i believe they are easier to find in sacramento or around it. i will most likely trade in my car depending on what the dealership will give me for it. my car is worth about 11,000 for trade in value according to kbb. my car has only about 7000 miles on it. the thing is practically new. when i sell my previous car it should give me more money but no more than 4000. right now im looking for a job and i will do pretty much anything to get those few thousand that i need. i want a used rsx-s that is year 02-04. some people say they have tranny problems, but i find that kinda hard to believe. maybe they are abusing the shit out of them. all the pro reviews i read for the rsx-s are good reviews. anyway in case the rsx just doesn't work out the celica gts is my next choice. but i definately want the rsx-s because they are a bit faster and look cool as hell.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
well good luck on your plan, keep us updated...i would love to see another rsx owner on here...hehe i feel lefted out. post pics as soon as you get it

Black94LS

Anti Rice, Yet anti JDM
the type - s is a great choice. My buddy al has one, handles corners like a champ, and is all together fast.

XTurboAcuraX

Black94LS said:
the type - s is a great choice. My buddy al has one, handles corners like a champ, and is all together fast.
cool. does anyone know if rsx's have reliability problems? i mean i heard some shit about the tranny on clubrsx.com. on the other hand it is an acura/honda so it should run well. any thoughts?

XTurboAcuraX

XTurboAcuraX said:
cool. does anyone know if rsx's have reliability problems? i mean i heard some shit about the tranny on clubrsx.com. on the other hand it is an acura/honda so it should run well. any thoughts?
^^anyone?^^