Mold Fiberglass to OEM Bumper?

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
Just a quick question for you guys, would it be possible to mold a fiberglass bumper piece to a cut portion of an OEM front bumper?

I'm toying with the idea of cutting up an OEM 'teggy front bumper right below the headlight line, and joining it with a fiberglass S14 URAS or Origin front. Would this be possible? What sort of material/bonding would I have to use?

Obviously a quick mockup but you get the idea:

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Rice ;) Don't think it works doodz

Anything is possible. Check measurements. Lots of body shop time. And shoot, send me the lip, I'll take good care of it for ya :thumbs up

Kyle

I don't fully get it. BTW off topic but you do still have those Buddyclub wheels. I really want to get a set of those. Bump for the 301

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
Do the two cars widths match up? I'll take your lip off your hands :lol:
Not exactly but you can get conversion fenders and a hood, then just get the headlights on and pick a front.

You wouldn't want the lip, its cracked in 3 places and held together with zipties. Not to mention massive cracks in the clear coat lol.

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
but it wont come out clean, which in the honda game its very important to be cleaned or you'll get flamed. I got flamed because of my stock front bumper being a shade off from the rest

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
but it wont come out clean, which in the honda game its very important to be cleaned or you'll get flamed. I got flamed because of my stock front bumper being a shade off from the rest
lol then you should look at my fender in that pic above, I rattlecanned it and its like a shade darker then the rest of the car. Noone ever says anything about it hha

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I would probably brace the rear and try some fiberglass matting with that Duramix 4240. A guy on G2IC did that a while ago when he flush mounted that integra emblem from the G3 into his bumper. I used it when I did my front lip and that shit is hard as a rock. Just get it nice and rough before you start laying the fiberglass or Duramix.

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
i actually think it looks dope. it probably would look better with an JDM front though since it kind of resembles a silvia already.

if you could get it done, that'd be sick.

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
I would probably brace the rear and try some fiberglass matting with that Duramix 4240. A guy on G2IC did that a while ago when he flush mounted that integra emblem from the G3 into his bumper. I used it when I did my front lip and that s*** is hard as a rock. Just get it nice and rough before you start laying the fiberglass or Duramix.
Thank you! The one person with an informative post!

i actually think it looks dope. it probably would look better with an JDM front though since it kind of resembles a silvia already.

if you could get it done, that'd be sick.
Thanks! I agree. In the end, if I actually went through with it, I would probably just do the s14 front like in the pic above though. I'm not sure.