MOMO detachable steering wheel/security? good security item???

nautica_t

think of all security devices as blankets of theft "deterrent" devices, not as security.

the more layers the better, however, at the end of the day if they really want it they'll just tow the bitch.

but by adding layers of deterrent devices, can minimize your chance for the odd person here and there, but if they are pro, they are just going to tow it.

i have a quick release system as well, but its just another form of a layer of devices.
good luck.

btw stay away from NRG, as all there hubs are the same, so if you and someone else has an NRG quickrelease and you remove yours they just can just buy an NRG and put it on yours cause its the same adapter.

i have Tekniq Auto snap off, no hub has the same quick release points, so its hard to find a match.

GSR FTW

true but hopefully ur alarm wld go off by the time they get the the steering wheel in and the car hotwired n with ur 2 way pager ull be runnin towards ur ride with a shotgun in hand

nautica_t

you'll be surprised how many people think they are in "range"
also, when alarms go off now, people don't pay attention as they use to, they think people just hit the panic button to find there cars, or someone put it too sensitive.

wite2nr

Way to bring a thread back from the thread. :thumbs up
you noticed too?

and yes, removable steering wheel is a good deterrent, even better if you dont have power steering. But keep in mind what nautica said. And remember, it's pretty hard to beat a tow truck. The best security is parking in a garage.

dreamofjdm

2@DHD2r3@Th3H013Thread
Yea tow truck is all ways a bad thing the. Club all you have to do is cut the strn weel and it comes off I never heard any thing about the one on the peadel but yea.there should be a way to take it off like if you lost the key!!! But I would say lojack or some sort of gps or the system were it cuts it off when you drive it with out the code. or just hire some mursanerys (did not spell check that word) that wil do thre trick