Moroso Oil pans

Raceready603

Hey I have a turbo-ed 1995 Integra LS. B18b1.

I have a moroso oil pan and it seems to have this...annoying super slow leak in I guess you would say, one of the plugs? the oil pan drain plug isn't it, that ones fine. its the one that's up and over from it, tightens with an Allan head wrench. Anyone else have this problem or know what I can do to stop it? Its as tight as I feel I can go without breaking it and its just not cutting it 100%. it maybe works like 99.5%. not a huge deal but super annoying.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Those plugs are NPT thread which seal on the thread. You are supposed to wrap NPT fittings with teflon tape (there is also a teflon paste). You shouldnt need to over tighten it to make it seal bc the teflon will act as a gasket.

Nick_C78

Also, I recommend using the yellow teflon tape that is made for petroleum products. You can get it at any hardware store.

Last edited:

MACDOG

Baller, yo
Wouldn't be the first person to complain about moroso pan leaks, few of my mates pans leak also. I got a baffle plate welded into my sump, that way it has the OEM seal and all that jazz.

95B18BTurbo

All I have to say is F Moroso oil pans on a Honda! Had one and will never make that mistake again. OEM pan with a bung welded on it every time!