motor build for turbo. need info

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssmokeyy

Hello iM looking to get 350 whp out of my b16a2 i have swapped in. What i was thinking was doing forged pistons and rods for the bottom end with arp main and head bolts. The head is where i get lost on this amount of power. Should i leave the head stock and port and polish with gsr cams or can i put in the super-tech spr-h1002d springs with rest being oem Honda parts or do i need more than that in the head. Biggest thing im not sure about is the valves what is the oem max horsepower they can handle?

Im trying to find low cost valves to take out my old oem ones just to put new ones in that don 't cost a arm and leg they don't have to be some crazy high horsepower ones but something to replace my old used ones.

cheapest i have found was 17 a valve from super-tech. Has any one used kms engine parts? Thanks for the help. If there is any forums i have missed i will be happy to read those also.

patrick4588

Integra God
you dont have to mess with the head for 350whp. Have you built the block yet? If not, you can run the stock motor to about 280-300whp if you have a good tune. If you are set on building the block, i would get a gsr block to build instead of the b16. a core b18c1 can be found for 1-200 bucks

ssmokeyy

Whats the PLus about a b18c1 over a b16 other than its a 1.8 liter? I haven't yet built the bottom end. My plan is to start with 350 whp and maybe try for 400 whp. Thats why im asking whats max horse power stock heads can handle?

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
didnt you make a thread saying you wanted 250-280 with a quick spool? now you want 400? which is it?

ssmokeyy

before my motor blew it was quick boost but now i have to rebuild the motor and the other thread was made like 3 months ago.

MugenRR

Whats the PLus about a b18c1 over a b16 other than its a 1.8 liter? I haven't yet built the bottom end. My plan is to start with 350 whp and maybe try for 400 whp. Thats why im asking whats max horse power stock heads can handle?
dude b18c is way better then b16 thats y lol

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
leave the head stock, forge the bottom end

ssmokeyy

Can the stock head take gsr cams and go up to 8500 rpms? I got the gsr cams today and if i need springs thats ok thanks for the info again.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
in a ls head? no, you could drop a valve and fuck everything up. Id recommend some supertech valve train if you wish to rev higher.

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
I thought the OP has a B16? Take it up to 8500 doesnt mean youll make power up that high

hidenplanvew

put gsr (1.8) cams in my b16 and made an extra 50 whp... Have you ever driven a car with 400 whp? IF you havent I would start at 300 and work your way up, and get use to how the car reacts at that much power.

B16's are better on the street with boost.. 400 on a b16 wont spin the tires as much as a b18c1 will, anyways 400whp on the street is hard cause you need pretty good tires.. shoot for 380whp

ssmokeyy

I have driven 800 horse power 3000gt's. My wifes gsx i built for her was 480 wheel hard as fuck around here to get a dyno on that since its awd. I have driven are 350z that 300 horse. I get bored alot. Im not being a dick just letting you know what i have driven. Will i need aftermarket valve train for the gsr cams in her? I love my b16 because she lets me go to 10k every day i know it doesn't do shit but i like doing it to show off how good honda made there motor and dsm and nissan people can't. I get a lot of honda hate since me and my wife run a car club here and were the top club. Are 350z is in ad's and calender's.

Status
Not open for further replies.