Motor choices!

MrDB1integra

honda greaser
Hey guys Ive been planning a motor/ trans swap in my 90 integra sedan. I orginally wanted a b20b
(because of the high torque) with a gsr trans. But I was looking at Hmotors online and they have b16a 92-93 xsi complete changover for 1,900. Seems like a good deal to me also I was looking at getting a 94-97 b18c. Which one of these would be the best bet?

Alvi84

If you were looking at getting a B20 because you like torque or want a quick car for daily driving, then don't pick up the B16 torqless motor. I ordered a B18c SiR-G from HMotors and have been happy ever since. Mine came with 47k miles on it and has run like a charm. Didn't even burn a drop of oil in the first 5k miles I put on it.

Kent_racing

get the b20 or go gsr, a b16 wont push that sedan around very quickly unless its built

MrDB1integra

honda greaser
Thanks guys!
I really would like the b20b. All I really have planned for the motor is I/H/E and tuned on a AEM ECU, and the trans all I want is a stage 2 clucth, 11lb flywheel and a shortshifter. So the b20b and GSR trans is best?

Kent_racing

yes b20 and gsr tran would be best i would drop some cams in there down the road to then you would have a non vtec monster!

blueteggyb20b

I bought my 90 ls about a year ago, and thought it had a b20b and was impressed with it. Then went for a ride in my friends 92 with a b20b and it just didnt feel right . So about a week ago cleaned under the hood and come to find out i have a b20z.
I was surprised cause it passed smog.

WAR 178

Premium User
B20z=good route, BUT I LOVE MY B18C sir-g motor!!! and I just came across a JDM GSR tranny with 4.7 final drive installed(sitting in my garage at the moment) cant wait lol....