Motor mount question

gsr_nikhil

Ive had polyurethane motor mount inserts in my car since Jan 2013. The only mounts I put the inserts in were the rear torque and upper driver's side. They didn't look like they were failing back in Jan. But now I want to take them out because I'm so annoyed with the constant vibration and I fear my dash is going to break lol. So my question is...can I just take them out and continue using these mounts? Or do I need to purchase new ones because the inserts destroyed them? The reason I ask is because I do not have easy access to tools where I can just look for myself. Thanks for your input

DC_Five_Earl

Ive had polyurethane motor mount inserts in my car since Jan 2013. The only mounts I put the inserts in were the rear torque and upper driver's side. They didn't look like they were failing back in Jan. But now I want to take them out because I'm so annoyed with the constant vibration and I fear my dash is going to break lol. So my question is...can I just take them out and continue using these mounts? Or do I need to purchase new ones because the inserts destroyed them? The reason I ask is because I do not have easy access to tools where I can just look for myself. Thanks for your input
So you were originally using motor mount inserts on the factory motor mounts correct ? If the factory mounts have gone out I'd say replace them. If not usually blown mounts will still cause some sort of vibration.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I had the softest Innovative mounts and the car shakes so bad. I changed the rear mount to an OEM style and it drastically cut down on the vibrations.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Why would inserts destroy the factory mounts? It just fills up the gaps in the mounts. Remove them and it will be fine.

cvcrcr99

I have filled lower torque mounts, and hasport engine/trans mounts. I don't want a massive amount of vibrations, so I left the rear mount as is for now

gsr_nikhil

Why would inserts destroy the factory mounts? It just fills up the gaps in the mounts. Remove them and it will be fine.
I figured since they fill in those gaps that over time they would stretch....then again its only been like 8 months with em in. I just wanted some opinions before checking them out