motor mount upgrade

Piff

So today I installed a comp clutch light flywheel and stage two clutch, the only problem is my mounts are bad and it is way more apparent now that I upgraded the clutch. My question is should I go with motor mount inserts or should I go with brand new mounts like innovative or something around those lines. I would also like to know what you guys have experienced when you upgraded your clutch and flywheel.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i have inserts the inserts dont really give you the vibration of a solid mount unless you get the two big ,motor mount ones

seahtech

If your just going to daily drive the car get inserts. Energy Suspension is a great place with good deals. Hopefully you only got the stage 1 clutch.

I have used all 3 of the major mount companies.. Hasport, Innovative, Avid... And in my opinion they go in the that order with Avid being a distant 3rd

patrick4588

Integra God
I have some AZRace and Machine mounts i will sell for $150. They worked great for me and the inserts in the mounts can be pressed out and new ones swapped in further down the road if ever needed.
http://www.azracemachine.com/

Piff

I have a stage two clutch but the shop I ordered it through messed up my order and I got a stage two for the price of a stage one. Yes this is my daily driver and the clutch is a little different than what I expected but oh well might as well run with it. How rough would it be to run the solid mounts over the inserts? Would it be to much for a DD or could it be tolerable

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
If your just going to daily drive the car get inserts. Energy Suspension is a great place with good deals. Hopefully you only got the stage 1 clutch.

I have used all 3 of the major mount companies.. Hasport, Innovative, Avid... And in my opinion they go in the that order with Avid being a distant 3rd
just curious but what makes avid 3rd? They all come with lifetime warranties. I got some Drop engineering mounts which also have a life time warranty, once my engine is together ill let every one know how they are.

seahtech

Tam4511 -- I have tried to use Avid on two different setups. In my '99 Si and my h22 EK hatch. I have never ever had such hard problems getting the mounts to line up. It was harder then the subframe I replaced on an Odyssey that had been crunched in an accident last week!! I love the guys at Avid (yes I am even friends with them on facebook). Once I got the Avid mounts in I loved them but because of installation issues I rank them lower than the other two. I have heard they made great strides in the fitment areas and I like some of their new products from the S2k. Would I use them again? Yes but only if it was because I couldnt get any Innovatives.

Hasport was just flippin plug and play it was ridiculously easy but very expensive. I used these on my h22 swap because I got a hookup on them and wanted to give them a shot.

Innovative are just as good as Hasport. Maybe even better. They are cheaper but the quality is the same. Innovative can come in crazy color combos (see inlinefour for options).

In my opinion its more like Innovative and Hasport are equal with Avid behind them due to fitment alone. The lifetime warranties are kind of only a selling point because with the style of mounts they make none of this brands should ever fail.

Piff -- The reason I am asking about the stage 2 CC clutches is because although they say it is a street setup I have seen them grenade stock trannys. The torque amounts even their stage 2s are able to transfer is just to much for the gear selector and gears in general.

I am not trying to scare you or alarm you lol... Almost all of the local big time racers in my area are running the Comp Clutches and their prodcuts seem to be of a very high quality. The people who have been grenaded are drag racing their cars and the problems come from the shock of the 4k rpm launch off the line. Just be careful not to do to many launches, full throttle shifts, or burnouts!! For daily driving you should be fine or if you do autocross or racing like that you should be fine as well!!!

The reason you are getting more vibration is due to the increased torqur transfer amounts. Torque = vibration.