Motor mounts?

P3DR0

<~JDM~>
Hey whats up guys.
well i have a 90 da with a swapped b18b1 engine and cable transmission.
when i accelerate my shifter moves alot, and when i downshift it feels like the engine is going to drop. I honestly think its the motor mounts but maybe its sumthing else? can mount inserts fix this?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
yes i would first start with the energy suspension kit which does the 2 accessory mounts and then the rear mount.
Prothane makes inserts for the large motormounts but may make your ride uncomfortable but those typically dont go bad

P3DR0

<~JDM~>
How many mounts does the engine have in total. i think its my transmission mount.. seems like there is a hole for a bolt on it but the bolt is missing.... i might just replace every mount on the engine there is and bushings.. any recomendations?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
there are 5. the transmission mount has a total of 4 bolts that hold it in, 3 are needed though.

P3DR0

<~JDM~>
so theres 2 visible ones in the front andone in the back that i know of. tHE ONE IN THE BACK IS BAD FORSURE! what is that one called? and the other two? The engine is a from a 95 integra and my car is a 90. im sorry im new with all this this is my first build and really have little knowledge about the engine..

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
the energy kit will take care of the rear mount and it comes with inserts for the torque mount and ac mount which are on the bottom of the car. that should fix everything the transmission and the motor mount should be fine

P3DR0

<~JDM~>
Theres a mount for the ac? im taking it out soon i got the freeon off of it already. lol I feel like a dumbass.i saw the energy kit but it only comes with 2 mount inserts.

P3DR0

<~JDM~>
alright i heard that the most easiest and funnest to take out lol (sarcasm) guess ill be havin fun

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
its like 2 17mm and a 19mm i think to do it. Its easy if you have a LS or an ITR/b16 manifold its harder on a gsr snail manifold

P3DR0

<~JDM~>
yea i have an LS. ill be doing this once im home. im in school right now LOL. also is there a kit to plug all my holes when i take out my ac?
Thanks for being patient

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
5 Mounts? Mine had 4.
Driver's side
Passenger side (Transmission)
Rear
Front
I'm using Hasport mounts for my B18C, though. So, I've only got 3, now. The hydraulic transmission doesn't have a 4th mount up front...

Do you have a pic of this 5th mount? I swear I've never seen it... And I've spent a LOT of time in my engine bay.
OP, sounds to me like the rear mount is completely shot. Also, if the shifter is really sloppy, and moves a lot, it could be the bushings in the shift linkage. Bad bushings could cause some pretty nasty "free play" and vibration while driving...