Motor Ticking? Running Bosch Platinum Plugs?

Prozon

Kris
If you're running them, toss them out immediately and get some NGK plugs. I'm probably the last person in the world that will hate on a part or product, but when over and over I hear and see the issues that arise from these.. well I can't stay quiet.

I first heard about these plugs being terrible when my friend's dad put a set in his truck. Soon after three of them detonated. I figured well it could be a fluke. But no, I have heard more and more about them recently. I just read a post on here a few days ago about somebody's motor ticking. Well what was to blame? Yes kids, a Bosch platinum plug.

Now that got me thinking.. maybe that obsurd ticking in my motor was from my spark plugs. I had adjusted my valve lash half a million times to no avail. Having a rebuilt bottom end, I knew it couldn't be anything down there. So I went out and bought some NGK plugs this morning and what do you know? No more ticking.

Bosch plugs suck nuts. NGK or go home. :thumbs up

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
yeah me too...i use NGK BKR7E's...i mean thats what all the honda guys use around the chicago area (atleast thats what i think)

Prozon

Kris
Haha Dylan, I adjusted the valve lash and made sure it was perfect. I swapped out these plugs and the ticking was gone.