mountain run

speedin

The Transporter
so i was ripping through this middle of no where run (best part is its all a friends property). awsome turns and alot are banked. center reflectors. well anyways taring through and its turn after turn. just pounding on the teg and the teg did awsome! but i get to the end and stop and i see smoke coming from both sides of the hood. fugured it was tires but got out to be shure. (oh and it was night) i get out and the tires arnt smoking but i see my rotors with a fading glow and my brake pads were smoking like a mother! i did start to feel a little fade but for my rotors to be glowing! DAMN! (oh and smoking brakes smeel like ASS!). i want to head back their and have someone standing toward the end and get a pic of the teg running and see the glowing brakes! damn that would look hot. anyways just thought id share.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
wow... lots of heat and stress.. i believe they make these special brake pads or watever that really do glow on purpose when its hot.

speedin

The Transporter
SilverDB8 said:
wow... lots of heat and stress.. i believe they make these special brake pads or watever that really do glow on purpose when its hot.
im running race ceramics.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
yea my brakes smoked before...floored my brakes from 130...my friends behind me could see the smoke and told me, but excessive abuse will crack ur rotors

MoJoJoJo

Banned
alot of abuse will warp(sp) the rotors and it will crack...happened to my turbo base friend who burnt his car...remember him?

speedin

The Transporter
MoJoJoJo said:
alot of abuse will warp(sp) the rotors and it will crack...happened to my turbo base friend who burnt his car...remember him?
yup, but that car dropped the front in lava then got pulled out (looked like it at least). and i got no warpage and cracks.... i was planning on doing a once over of the whole car after that run so ill tell ya soon.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
i wanna upgrade my brakes...either save money and go for type s rotors and calipers, or save up 7 bills and go will a willwood brake kit