Mpg in vtec

Evul9

Just wanted to know if someone has an idea on the mpg a GSR, or any vtec Honda really, gets when it's constantly in vtec. Just curious, because I saw a vid on YouTube of a itr reaching top speed and the gas gauge hopelessly fell. I am guessing 15mpg?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Evul9

Hmm ok, I was thinking somewhere around there. I am surprisingly getting around 28 with 70% city and a fairly heavy foot. A nice suprise

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Thats two different scenarios. You are absolutely in no way driving the same as they are on track through your city. Whatever you get driving fairly normal you will get up to 3-4 mpg less with a very heavy foot but probably not that much. Think about the actual time you spend on heavy throttle. Its probably only 1-2mpg less.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
OP, do you mean mpg during the time at WOT in Vtec? Obviously if averaged with cruising it would be much higher.
To give you an idea the high cam, high load, high rpm fuel injection values are twice as much as low cam, cruise rpm/load.
A good OBD2 scanner would be able to calculate realtime MPG for you.

Evul9

I guess I worded it wrong. I was just curious what the mpg is at WOT when it's in vtec. Sorry guys. And I can't do obd2 because previous owner did a obd1 conversion.

Evul9

Me saying my mpg was just a side note. I was in no way saying that I was in vtec all the time... I guess I didn't explain properly. Sorry guys