MTF for cold climates?

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
Let me just point out, its been 7 months since the last general discussion of trans fluid, so dont crawl up my ass about making a new post lol

Im doing a trans swap soon, and you cant drive it without fluid! DO'H! trans set up will be gsr hydro non-lsd with stage 1 exedy clucth\PP and ACT 12.5 LWF, no track intentions but definatly spirited driving.

I was considering redline mtf cause i want only the best stuff. But i read that its only fully functional at higher temps as in track use (unless they have other options? They got like 8 different products). And while honda mtf is suppose to be healthy, the latest mtf has been questionable, so i think im staying away from that. Also i want a lil performance awe, and honda mtf wont do that lol. Then i thought of amsoil, but read its too thick for cold temperatures. Motorcraft and torco im ehh with cuz its not as popular. I love RP (use it for my engine) but i havent heard if its good for trans.

So what should i be looking for when im trying to decide for cold temp shifting? (Even tho it will only be for the first 10 min, rural driving). I do like to warm up when i can but still...

And i want trans fluid right? (As in mtf?) Not gear oil?

Thanks in advance :I

Sent from my DC4

Nick_C78

Just get some Torco MTF. It isn't too thick, but thick enough for anything you throw at it.

And FYI, no fluid works well before they warm up.

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
Just get some Torco MTF. It isn't too thick, but thick enough for anything you throw at it.

And FYI, no fluid works well before they warm up.
Ohh, so there all like that? Hmm that opens up my previous options lol still waiting on inmputs :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Nick_C78

Some work better at hotter temperatures, but what I am saying is they all suck when the motor/tranny isn't warmed up.