Mugen GP Help

SOLOITR2001

2001 ITR OWNER
As most of you know I have a 4 piston big brake kit installed on my 2001 Integra Type R which limits me to going the lowest size wheel to a 17".

I have been searching for a set of 17x7.5 5x114.3 +40 Gram Lights 57S but am having no luck. So I thought about going with a Mugen GP set and found someone selling a set for a smoking deal do to 1 wheel scratch pretty good. I plan on repairing it and powder coating them black anyways so no big deal.

The problem I have is the size and offset. These wheels I found for sale are 17x7.5 5x114.3 +52 which I have read on the post I did find reguarding these wheels on a Type R, that might not be a good offset for an Integra for what reason IDK or understand. But they say that the 17x7 5x114.3 +48 is not bad at all.

Can anyone shine some light on this for me so I can make the right decision.

Thanks for your help and info.

SOLOITR2001

2001 ITR OWNER
Now what is the result of a high offset such as that? And how come on sites like inlinefour and kingmotorsports does it say the 17x7.5 5x114.3 +52 setup is ideal for S2000s and not Integras?

Thanks for the info.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
You're just losing some inner clearance, about 20mm. So you could potentially rub on the inner fender depending on your tire size.

SOLOITR2001

2001 ITR OWNER
So what if I rolled the fenders?

Right now I have 18x8 5x114.3 +40 and I had to get a very thin spacer to clear the brakes. My car has Tein Flex Adjustable coilovers and I lowered it pretty good and dont rub at all. The wheel does pass the fenders just a little bit.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I'd be more worried about rubbing the inside, not the fenders. Those will be in a lot more, about 18mm. So you shouldn't have to worry about them sticking past the fenders. With room to add spacers.

What size tires?

Last edited:

SOLOITR2001

2001 ITR OWNER
I guess going with the 17x7 +48 would be the right thing to do. I was just wanting the wheel to be more flush as possible with the fenders.

What about wheel spacers to make up a little of the 1/2 inch?