Mugen or Spoon or OEM head gasket?

RT Type-R

"Carpe Diem"
Hello guys, i was wondering which head gasket do you guys recommend i use on a brand new B18C5 engine.

ChrisTypeR408

from all the googling that i have done, the mugen head gasket is thinner, which will raise the compression but for the price it isn't worth it. the spoon sports one I'm not sure of how thin it is but I'm pretty sure its a bit thinner and i believe that it is laser welded or something like that. but for the prices of both it's much better to just get an oem one... that's what i know for sure.

RT Type-R

"Carpe Diem"
yea thats what i've been reading that they just raise compression. also is the gsr and itr head gaskets the same or different part#'s?

RT Type-R

"Carpe Diem"
ok thnks for the help, greatly appreciated and for sure to have a build thread pretty soon so stay tuned

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I would go cosmetic or OEM 3 layer.
the purpose of a 2 layer is to raise compression but since you have a stock c5 i suggest going stock.

RT Type-R

"Carpe Diem"
I would go cosmetic or OEM 3 layer.
the purpose of a 2 layer is to raise compression but since you have a stock c5 i suggest going stock.
ok cool thanks bro, i just ordered the oem gasket kit and a few other goodies ill keep you guys posted