My 01 LS build thread

DANGSR

nice car man...where did u get the itr lip and wing from? I've been looking for one for the longest now lol

lsvhatch

Miss my car!!!!
Lol couple friends of mine had them. Trying to find OEM sides instead of the gay ass replica ones.

99TegLs

not a huge fan of those mirrors, but altogether looks like you're making good progress! Keep it up man

lsvhatch

Miss my car!!!!
Thanks guys, been awhile since ive been on so figured I would give a quick heads up. I get back from Korea in just over a month and the body and paint work will begin. Finally getting rid of this satin black bullshit. Going back to Nighthawk black pearl. All my parts were installed by a good friend of mine except for the short throw shifter, I have got to check on that because if it hasn't shown up yet it's been on back order for a minute.

lsvhatch

Miss my car!!!!
So it's bee awhile since I've update. Finally back from Korea finished up the paint and body work and got all my parts installed.

Got here to fort sill and noticed my timing belt is loose, head gasket is leaking, and my compression is lower than it should be for a JDM ITR so I just pulled the motor this past weekend and will be disassembling it all this next long weekend.

Now to the pics:

Sanded down. Also shaved the antenna. Wanted to do side mouldings but I didn't have enough time during leave to do all that.
primed.
paint sprayed
cleared and started re assembling.
motor before this weekend.
and after. Lol

Going to pull it all apart put all new bearings, rings, and arp bolts that's already ordered in, get the head cleaned up and all the valve train cleaned up and checked out, also sending the pistons and rods to inline four to get wpc treated. While all that's sent off getting the block honed and decked.

lsvhatch

Miss my car!!!!
Waiting till next summer to mount my new wheels unless I find some jmags

lsvhatch

Miss my car!!!!
Got the block pulled apart. Pistons, rods, and wrist pins have been sent off to inline 4 for wpc treatment. Crank, block and flywheel are at a local shop for the block to get honed and decked, crank to get micro polished and flywheel for resurfacing. Sent the head off to Il4 also for it to get pulled apart, cleaned and checked out and put back together with new seals and LMAs.

lsvhatch

Miss my car!!!!
Yea that's what I'm hoping for. Debating getting Ctr pistons and buddy club III cams to throw in it.

PatEK

hmm why ctr pistons? buddyclub III cams are good, but i would go for a better piston then

lsvhatch

Miss my car!!!!
If I end up buying new pistons it will probably be inline fours high comp pistons. A buddy of mine has a set of Ctrs he was going to let me grab. Then all I'd have to do is send them off for reconditioning. Little bit better compression for not much more cash. Especially since its mainly just a stock itr rebuild with better cams

lsvhatch

Miss my car!!!!
Plus friend of mine did damn near the same build except used Ctr cams and he made 217 at the wheels. I'd be happy with that for a NA build that's mainly stock

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Might have to a thicker head gasket if your using ctr pistons. Its safer to go with a thicker head gasket because in some builds you have to get adjustable cam gears and advance the cams so the piston and valve don't make contact. Especially on an LSV, because of the longer stroke. Its a safer way to go if this a daily driver IMO.