My 2000 DB7

gsr_nikhil

Wait you left it unfinished on purpose? Let me have that cf spark plug cover lol

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

bkirshr

User that is Registered
Wait you left it unfinished on purpose? Let me have that cf spark plug cover lol

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

It's the same spark plug cover, the CF was just a wrap and I repainted it

cody1018

Cole was a genius when he came up with that idea for the spark plug cover

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

bkirshr

User that is Registered
Cole was a genius when he came up with that idea for the spark plug cover

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Indeed, it was a great idea.

Here's another close up pic in case anyone cares. I shaved the grooves in it as well.

bkirshr

User that is Registered
It was better before >_>

:lol:

I did the crappy vc before it was cool...
lol The "before" picture was a couple years ago. It had started to peel after that and looked poopy, so I painted this one. I messed up in the front panel, so just kind of stripped the whole thing and made it look rustic. haha
And actually I love your valve cover. I'm probable going to strip th one I took off and just keep it like that for an extra or something.

R13

The other asshole
Thanks! lol, I'm just playin, You should re wrap the spark plug cover though.

If you want a good rustic effect paint it like 3 different colors and bake it on really well and use the spray can aircraft remover from the parts stores, It's slightly weaker than rustoleum , Mine has gunmetal grey and orange/red in it, Not much of my vc is actually bare metal, Just a thin hint of the old paint with some small bare metal areas showing.

Last edited:

bkirshr

User that is Registered
^ Thanks man! I saw those actually just a couple days before you posted that haha. It made me feel famous for a second lol.

So I may or may not have, but definitely did, buy myself a big birthday present the other day. Update should be within the next week or so. Only 3 people on the planet know what it is o_O

EDIT: scratch that, 4 people know. I told Cole too lol

Last edited: