My 94 Sedan Build-Up - Lots of Pics = ) [ Updated Constantly... So Stay TUNED!!! ]

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
nah, i ran over a fat squirrel. lol.

anyhow... finally some sun for once so i can work on the ride. got a lot done today.

purchased this drill bit to help remove the spot welds. actually helps out a lot and makes the job clean

you're left with a little chunk of metal that can be grinded off instead of using a drill as you can see... lots of holes. i'll have this welded before i weld the rad support onto the car.

k24 clerance... not even slammed :(

next step... maybe plastidip the car? :p

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
also got a vid of the mugen twinloop too... not sure if anyone is interested. didn't realize the 2-step was set @ 4.5krpm o.0

JemmieN

not a girl lol
put up that vid yo! what else you have to do for the front?

dopematic

That Mugen bumper is so sexy!! Looking good! :thumbs up

Haha! I sprayed my radiator support black with those $1 cans from Walmart! :thumbs up

UalRamper

i see, thanks for the input :thumbup:

BUILD-UP UPDATE

had a pretty long drive today to pick up the last piece to the puzzle, the passenger side fender to the j-spec front end... NOW I"M COMPLETE b****ES :lol: haha well 98%... i jus need fender brackets and side markers but those aren't really a biggy yet. i had to snap some pics of the road trip to Super Autobacs in LA... so ENJOY!

rebull car... s*** was goofy lookin.. lol

Super Autobacs - the store is pretty big... i'd say its like a wall mart full of after market parts from motors to audio systems. the prices are soso...

RHD S2000... managed to sneak a pic... it says "NO TAKING PICTURES!"... rofl

and the whole reason for the trip....

the only thing i'm worried about is if i put the front end on... its gonna be a different color and cops might think its stolen... and in CALIFORNIA THEY CRUSH YOUR s***.. if anything is stolen on the car... you guys got any ideas? should i primer the front end light grey or.... primer the whole car then put the front end on and primer it... last thing i want is all this hard work crushed into a cube... haha... that'll be f***ed up.
Bro I know this is an old pic but i have never seen this place before is in diego ??
great thread so far i'm still in the first stages but i'll make it through all the pages.

UalRamper

Damn just took 2 days to read through this thread...................damn fine work

I wish I still lived in San Diego but hopefully i'll be moving back

Great job on this car and I look forward to following along

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
thanks to some guys telling me about the kit... time to plastidip.

after doing some googling and calling around. you cannot obtain gallons of plastidip in california. ace can get them by the quarts but not the gallons, and it costs more. obviously they sell these in the spray cans at your harware store. long story short...

CraigsList FTW!!! same price as online.

was gonna go with the norm black... but i am going to try xxx instead... :D

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
i had to come back after years of following to see if you were finally done. haha almost. good work.
haha thanks. i have to say... its almost there!

Bro I know this is an old pic but i have never seen this place before is in diego ??
great thread so far i'm still in the first stages but i'll make it through all the pages.
its not in san diego, its somewhere in LA. its a pretty cool store.

Damn just took 2 days to read through this thread...................damn fine work

I wish I still lived in San Diego but hopefully i'll be moving back

Great job on this car and I look forward to following along
thanks. :thumbs up

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
omg guys... plastidip is the SH!T!!!

very easy very simple... and if the paint runs... it almost shrinks down. decided to go with red cause you dont really see too many red. or milano red. but this is just red. 4dr sedans... and i have to say the turn out is very nice. easy to peel like the youtube videos.

from what i see, the base coat does matter! unlike what the painter/seller told me. the white base coat will make the red brighter and my silver color made it a tad darker. so i will have have the j's fenders lightly primered grey to match the rest of the shell. so all in all i'm very satisfied with the plastidip product. very good stuff. does what it says. ticker the better, and lighter around the edges for easier removal around the moldings/weather trimming. so more to come.

tomorrow. paint the front bumper/lip and 99 rear bumper :thumbs up