My 95 Ls Is Acting Up What Should I Do???

chicolindopr

Ok My Car Has Been Makin A Funny Noise When I Turn It On And When I Accelerate.it Makes Like A "clak Clak" Noise. I Brought It To A Mechanic And He Said That It Could Be My Timing Belt Or Water Pump...but If Its Da Timing Belt The Car Wont Run Right???/ And My Car Still Runs But Wit Dat Noise, And He Also Said That My Coolant Is Fucked Up And Somethin About My Tensioner. So What I Wanna Know Is Are All These Parts In The Head Of The Motor And If So Its Gonna Cost Me $520 To Fix All The Problems. So Should I Fix The Problem Or Buy A New Head If All Those Things Dat Are Wrong Wit The Car Are In The Head. I Was Thinkin Maybe Gettin A Gsr Head???

MoJoJoJo

Banned
well if your problems are bad enough that it makes u think about replacing the whole head, then i think u should replace it of course. its your reason to go ls/vtec, doesnt have to be a GSR head u can put a b16 head on there aswell. putting a new head on there should solve your problems and improve your car aswell, so i vote for putting a new head on it

2"teg

Well before you go about paying soo much money you need to really find out if it is all those problems that is causing the "claking" noise. When i had a claking noise, when i turned, it was my cv boot, the rubber around the boot had ripped open and the cv boot had rusted and was about to snap off. All i did was replace the axle and it was good. It ended up costing like 120 or like 100. Now if all those things are needing replacement then i would say get that taken care of before the cv boot because that is motor related and therfore makes it more important; you can ride with a torn cv boot for a while just know that it could break whenever. I doubt that all those problems are related to your claking noise when you turn and accelerate. This is all from what you said on your thread.

aspec

I just had a timing belt snap on my ls. Its a horrible thing to go through since you can destroy your engine which i did not. i was very lucky. If its the timing belt and water pump and tensioser, then just replace them. i did mine myeself for about 180.00 in parts.

chicolindopr

aspec said:
I just had a timing belt snap on my ls. Its a horrible thing to go through since you can destroy your engine which i did not. i was very lucky. If its the timing belt and water pump and tensioser, then just replace them. i did mine myeself for about 180.00 in parts.

yea u see the parts is not whats killing me b/c that i can pay for wit no problem its da labor....i dotn know how to do dat shit my self so da labor is gonna kill me....and da sound isnt from turnings it just makes da noise in general i know its not da axels. it makes da noise when the car turns on and as i accelerate it goes faster until i finally get enough speed dat u dont really hear it to much....its really only when im drivin slow cuz when i get to about 40 and up i dont really hear da noise nemore.also whats better a b18c1 ( gsr i think ) or a b16????

fatfivez

a "clack" is far too general for anyone here to know what is wrong. check everything under your car, is everything bolted down tight? where does the sound come frome? drivers side? passengers side? rear? i have a clacking noise on my civic and its because my exhaust isnt properly mounted.

but you really should get it looked at by somone who knows exactly what they are talking about, because if your timing belt snaps you are going to have some real problems.

Last edited:

Baldy201

The clacking you hear has to be a part of the rotating assembly. It could very well be the timing belt, but i doubt it. When you start the car have someone under the hood to see where the noise it coming from.

2"teg

You know what you might just need a valve adjustment. On my Celica I had a noise come from the engine that was a clacking noise that was from idle to like approx. 4000rpms, if this is your case then you need to get this done because it can result in a major problem!!!! You will eventually blow your engine. But ofcourse i am no mechanic and just speaking from experience and like always that noise can be just about anything, so i would take it to many mechanics to get different qutoes and whoever is the most reputable and has a decent price would get my business. :) Good luck

chicolindopr

2"teg said:
You know what you might just need a valve adjustment. On my Celica I had a noise come from the engine that was a clacking noise that was from idle to like approx. 4000rpms, if this is your case then you need to get this done because it can result in a major problem!!!! You will eventually blow your engine. But ofcourse i am no mechanic and just speaking from experience and like always that noise can be just about anything, so i would take it to many mechanics to get different qutoes and whoever is the most reputable and has a decent price would get my business. :) Good luck
im 100% wit u on dat one....the noise is comin from the head b/c the 1st mechanic i took it too listened for it and told me dat.....also i just dropped my car off at my dads mechanic and my dad says dat hes a really good mechanic and da guy is gonna run tests on my car for free cuz there good friends. and as soon as i find out what the problem is i'll inform u guys so u can give me advice on what i should do cuz im still uncertain......and also my uncle told me it might be a valve dats loose. i'll just have to wait and see but plz keep informin me on what it could be thanks alot for da help guys.