My 98 GSR/The Comeback

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
So about a couple weeks ago i got into an accident and have to replace my whole front end, i almost have all the parts just need a couple more things then i can get it fixed and repainted and since it will look like a brand new car might as well make some more changes lol heres a few things i plan on doing, car already has a bit done but these were the next modifications i had always planned

Replace gaskets and seals
mishimoto radiator, hoses and thermostat
Type R pistons
Type R camshafts
275cc injectors
AEM fuel rail
Walbro Fuel Pump
password JDM Carbon Fiber intake
skunk 2 front and rear strut bars
Drilled & Slotted Rotors
retrofit headlights
rsx black leather front seats and gsr black leather rear seats (i currently have full grey leather)
new type r front lip
type r side skirts
type r rear valances

now for some pics from how it looked before the accident to now, will add more photos when the car gets worked on

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
Got anybody to straighten out the drivers' side yet?
yeah, 2 guy at lexus did body work for years one of them longer then how long ive been alive lol hes just been waiting for me to get the parts, he has stuff at his house to do body work (dont remember the names of some of the stuff) and once we get it as best we can theres a collision center next door to lexus called Robs collision and he and my dad are good friends and once we get it as good as we can hes going to do whatever tweaks need to be made so that its perfect and he wont charge me too much either, all i need is the driver fender and a windshield but basically im hoping to have a fender by thursday and then this sunday start getting that driver side straightened out and the front pulled a bit, id say a lil over half an inch it needs to be pulled judging by the way the radiator hose is but the guy whos helping first whos done it for years has a spread sheet of all the dimensions of the car for the front end. Time is an issue though because of school and work but now that its daylight savings time i can get more done. first thing im going to do to the motor though is replace gaskets and seals, car dosnt leak oil or anything but after an accident and with it just sitting there i just want the whole car to be perfect, i have OCD when it comes to my cars lol

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
picked up some headlights for $60 last sunday, no broken tabs but inside has like build up or something, i wet sanded and buffed the outside though and they looked better, right now im talking to NemesisCBR about shipping my headlights to him for a retrofit mod

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
nice pick up on the headlights! what retro will you be getting from Tom?
thanks, i also got a front bumper from the same guy too for $40 with no cracks or broken tabs in damn good condition but im talking to him about going with just the TSX projectors and clear lens

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
you stole those parts, if they are oem parts and not the aftermarket and tyc headlights. i remember back in the day(6yrs ago) i spent $200 for oem bumper/headlights and i thought that was a steal! haha Might want to do a tsxR lens swap gives it more color, just a thought!

check this out!
CLICK HERE

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
you stole those parts, if they are oem parts and not the aftermarket and tyc headlights. i remember back in the day(6yrs ago) i spent $200 for oem bumper/headlights and i thought that was a steal! haha Might want to do a tsxR lens swap gives it more color, just a thought!

check this out!
CLICK HERE
haha at $100 for the the headlights and bumper i pretty much did steal them lol the guy just wanted them gone out of his storage unit, first come first serve and i happened to be there first lol and im just keeping it a basic retro really its cheaper that way lol cant be spending too much on just my headlights when ive got to get other things first lol i just want to have proper projectors so that my HIDs are projected properly and not all over the place with stock headlights lol plus i hate the angel halo eye lights, they look ricey to me lol

XjoEnX

Jesus that damage is insane. I'm glad you're putting it all back together :thumbs up