my 98 integra uses alot of gas. and i have no idea why. helppp

arab06

when i bought my car i bought it from a guy that didnt take care of it much. it had no oil and stuff. but i realized its been going through alot of gas. and i cant find out why. it only has 120k on it. and im going broke

Jabes

have you done a tune up yet? new spark plugs, wires, fuel filter etc? and are there any check engine lights on?

tonydize21

there is a sensor called the engine coolant sensor it sends info to the ecu to send more gas cause is reading the car is cold and sometimes it doesn't throw a code could be a good place to start its only 20 bucks

arab06

there is a sensor called the engine coolant sensor it sends info to the ecu to send more gas cause is reading the car is cold and sometimes it doesn't throw a code could be a good place to start its only 20 bucks
my car does always seem to be on the colder side. like gage wise

arab06

yeah its not throwing codes. so you dont think its the tune up?? cause i checked the spark plugs and they were fine. and oild is like month old

98sierra

cap botton wires and good plugs.. cheap and i would doit regardless of how your plugs look since you dont know how long its been..

dekaf

pǝʇuɐɹb ɹoɟ buıɥʇou ǝʞɐʇ
Doesn't matter if you trust your life on the guy who you bought the car from. I think replacing common tune-up parts, is a fucking must when buying a used car. I replaced all mine, even though the guy said he did some work prior. He's what I did:
Change Brake Fluid
Inspect Exhaust
Adjust Alternator and power steering belts
Change Trans Fuel
Replace Air Filter
Spark splugs replace
Replace Ignition Cap and Rotor
Replace Fuel Filter
Plugs
Plug wires
Fuel filter
Air filter