my all red tail lights

racerguy06

so i have always wanted all red tail light but as most of you know it is next to impossible to find them for a 4 door so i just decided to make them my self.

so i started off with a pair of lights that i got from another member on here (camopaint0707). no need of before pics we all know what they look like.

so i than sanded them down in prep for paint (sorry i forgot to take pics of prep and paint process but i will be doing another set very soon and will do a full how to build thread than with pics)

this is what i used
1. Krylon Stained Glass (red in color)
2. Dupli-Color Lacquer (clear coat)

pic of old tail light

pick of newly painted tail light (decided to change the shape of reverse light oem is just a little big and its just different)

side by side shot of both on the car

Last edited:

mirrorimg

Funny thing, I always thought I had 98+ tails on my sedan, but after I got it and looked at them closer (specifically when the lights blink) the lens is amber/orange. They were sprayed red and look red from the outside, but when the turn signal flashes its orange. And its not because the bulb is orange.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Funny thing, I always thought I had 98+ tails on my sedan, but after I got it and looked at them closer (specifically when the lights blink) the lens is amber/orange. They were sprayed red and look red from the outside, but when the turn signal flashes its orange. And its not because the bulb is orange.
I tinted my tails black, and stuck with the 94 spec because I like that the orange showed through when using turn signals..

mirrorimg

A bit dark for my liking, but interesting on the side you made the reverse light. Im curious as to how that would look illuminated.

racerguy06

ya its actually not as dark as it looks
its overcast today no sun shown through but i promis they are not as dark as they look

also i left the inside black i didnt take them apart and paint the inside silver that would have made them look lighter

Last edited:

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
ya i have a set of tail lights that are all clear that im going to paint and convert to all led but not those led ones that fit right im talking full custom ones like this but on my 4 door
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P585smA_4dQ&feature=player_detailpage
seen this before, this fools in all red as he crawls into his red teg. looks like a tard tard

also i left the inside black i didnt take them apart and paint the inside silver that would have made them look lighter
ya that prob would have helped a bit.

racerguy06

the next set im doing the inside is already silver so i wont even have to do it
working on a video i just shot

racerguy06

im also not quite done with them i still need to sand and polish them ant that should brighten them up a bit

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Someone bought a pair of tails from me cuz his were painted at some time and they were peeling and he got pulled over for it. Idk what he used; hopefully not what you used, lol