My Beginning

WDEDMON1

Went to Honda Parts connection and bought a new EFI main relay. Now my ignition is messing up. Found out why im wobbling. Bent rim. Dam. Im puttin a spare on till I can get a new set. Any good places to buy some?

I also went to tires plus to get an alignment(car was too low to get on the alignment rack. They told me I need new shocks and struts all the way around. Im thinkin kyb. Whats the best guys? I took some pics on my cell today but I couldnt put em up b/c I have no clue how to. Perhaps email them to myself? Btw. I have coilovers on the car now so I need performance shocks and struts. Im doin the water pump tonight(wish me luck). I think I got all the tools i need(including the honda crank pulley remover0. I rented it. Let me know what yall think. All in all today I spent around 250(water pump, timing belt, alt belt, power steering belt, thermostat, and gaskets, and used efi relay(imma need to buy a new one soon from honda). So this is the beginning of my build!!! Ill try to take more pics of the job tonight. Pls help if u know how to upload off of the cell(blackberry btw). Happy building!!!

Rich-PMS

You do not have shocks... You have struts! I would NOT let that shop work on your car if they don't know the differance..

What kind of coilovers do you have?

WDEDMON1

Lmao true, true. Those guys are basically trying to rob people. Turns out, the wobble wasnt my front left wheel after all(i switched it out for a spare and im still wobbling!) I believe its my front right rotor. So im going to try that. If that doesnt work then Ill replace the caliper. Then spindle etc. Get this. Those guys told me 200 dollars per struts/shocks(as they said). I found KYB struts for bout 50 apiece at Summit Racing online. Yea I was pretty pissed about that. Screw tires plus(dont ever go there).
Not sure bout the coilovers. I think they are fast speed or something like that. They are blue with the adjustable sleeve and rings.

Water pump went Great! Got lots of pics and got the timing right the first time(I put allen wrenches of approx. 5mm in the punch holes located at the top of the camshafts right beside the cam gears). It took about 8 hrs(as this was my first time but Its succesfully installed and the motor runs nice.

Still need help on uploading the blackberry pics. Pls help. I have the usb plug in to my comp. but I need to know how to get to it. Its not popping up as a device in my computer.

This is my first job getting really into the motor and I had a ball. Even tho I was freezing the whole night haha. Still got lots to do. Motor mounts(poly), steering gear rack, tie rods, struts, Ignition switch(maybe upgrade with a racing steering wheel here since imma have it off ne way,...etc. I will not do any major performance upgrades tho till I have my suspension right. Energy suspension is prolly gonna be my best bet. Im out. Gotts to work tonight.

WDEDMON1

Wanted to update what I've done on the car before this post. So here it goes:
Alternator, coilovers, heatercore, tires(low pro), put in a motor after my old one blew, rotors and pads all the way around(Ill have to redo this w/ the calipers since I have a wobble), replaced my clock lol, and a new stock muffler(it actually sounds great!).

Things to do:
Suspension(energy suspension bushings with struts 360, and camber kit)
Fix front end from wreck(both fenders, hood and bumber) Also gotta replace radiator support along with brace behind headlights
Paint and fix dents(black and Grey) including engine bay. Props to Frenchi for giving me the insight on his quest build
One piece headlights
Rebuild motor(all inclusive)
Rebuild tranny or put in a new one rebuilt
Performance clutch
Ignition
Fix Cd player and put a system in(not a big one)
headers
Performance intake
Shark antenna
Turbo that mother(twin if possible)

Well thats all for now! Let me know if there's anything else I can and should do.

WDEDMON1

So yesterday when I was dropping the trash off at the dump, I pulled my spark plugs to make sure they were all working fine. Well Im glad I did b/c I found out a major problem. Check it out.

I've been wanting to do a test to make sure I didnt have a blown head gasket b/c lately I been losing power.
Well pulled the first plug, engine slowed. Put it back in(everything was ok). Pulled the second plug and the motor died. Rut ro raggy. Couldnt get it to crank back up. So I got one of my buddies to come by and help. He tried to crank the car while I fiddled with the plugs. The car started so we took it to Oreilys so I could get new plugs and wires( since I figured my spark plug wires or my spark plugs were going bad. Well when I pulled the first plug, There was oil on it. Apparently when I put the valve cover gasket and seals on it when I did the water pump a few weeks ago, I used too much sealant. I ended up replacing the wires, plugs, and valve cover gasket. Heres a few pics.

Why was there oil coming out of this hose? Is that bad for my car?

Valve cover, upside down.

Spark plug with oil. Will the oil that leaked into my combustion chamber damage the motor? It wasnt too much but I was wondering.

Heres why water would be leaking into my car. Gotta fix that too. Missing the cap for the cowl(junkyard time)

WDEDMON1

Cleaned the car out today. First time in over a year(literally) since I been working on it and its just been sitting. Also, since the car feels like its stuttering sometimes, I went to Oreilys and got a fuel filter. The one thats under the hood. Gonna replace that hopefully tomorrow and raise the car back up since one of my rubber gromets for the muffler as already trashed from scraping the ground. Ill lower it again when I get my Kybs. Decided to do just a stock rebuild for now with bolt ons. Ill get a new motor to build a little down the road. If I do this stuff tomorrow Ill post some new pics. Thanks for following

Walter