My "Build Thread" 96 EX Coupe.

94rs-gharp

Well I traded my EG for an EJ. This will be my build thread it will be slow I am getting a job as a car salesman here in town some money will start flowing a little better but not at first so it may be a month before I do anything to her...Her name is not determined at this time I need to drive her some more.

What she is now:
BONE STOCK
has a D16Y8 in it not the original motor though but it was replaced properly by a mechanic (from what I'm told)

Plans:
New speakers (ALPINE FTW)
Change the head liner
SI Style tailights and OEM black Housing headlights
Suspension (defiently going KYB GR-2 struts the springs idk yet)
Clean the Exterior ( maybe get that bottle of Scratch Doctor to clean the paint)
Rims. Hell if its an auto it might as well sit on some kick ass shoes
Tint im thinking riding dirty here in VA at 35% 8)
Black out the sunroof at like 5 percent
Install window visors Including sunroof visor
May dress up the engine bay and clean it up( wont be doing a manual to auto swap)
SRI
Maybe a full exhaust (current stock one rattles somewhere)

Pics!

Last edited:

94rs-gharp

no i like the manual better but this auto is like you said a virgin she just needs a little love and she will open right on up i figure i just got a job as a car salesman and praying to the car gods that it goes well i will get a nice car later for now this is my beater and to tinker with

PatEK

nice virgin, always good to start out from stock

94rs-gharp

well ive decided to buy from the LED guys on here Im ordering reverse lights the license platelights and the dome light!

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
CF hood doesn't make a huge difference for me, lol. More for looks. It weighs 13 lbs where the stock hood is only 26 lbs

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, so you would drop upwards of $300 for a good looking hood understanding there is little benefit, but you won't spend the extra $300 to $400 for a set of baller wheels? ouchmyballs

justjdm

DB8 Whore
no i like the manual better but this auto is like you said a virgin she just needs a little love and she will open right on up i figure i just got a job as a car salesman and praying to the car gods that it goes well i will get a nice car later for now this is my beater and to tinker with
Yea, I hear yea. That's what I ended up doing with my auto integra! I actually miss having an auto due to the high traffic around here. I drive more like an asshole now that I have the manual! LOL! It will look good though once it's all done up!

94rs-gharp

Waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, so you would drop upwards of $300 for a good looking hood understanding there is little benefit, but you won't spend the extra $300 to $400 for a set of baller wheels? ouchmyballs
hahaha i had to say that to fuck with you man! lmao i am gonna get som enice wheels i just need to save up some money man!!!

94rs-gharp

well i received my Lights from Lights on LEDS here installed the license plate lights and reverse lights they look great waiting to hear back from the guy he sent me the wrong color led for the dome light I will post pics tonight dont worry! =P im getting ready for work... Also may pick up some Fittipaldi polaris OZ rims for the civic they will need a little repair and tires but for a 100 bucks i cant complain at all ( im going to powder coat them)